Hi everyone, I would like you to share your experience in repairing your own Blackberry Bold 9900/9930, and where do you get your parts?

The worries that I normally have when I use a smartphone is the availability of replacement parts as well as the ease of repair.

Please share your experiences
    03-24-12 05:09 AM
    A friend of mine can usually get anything I need for my BB Bold 9900 off e-bay for dirt cheap. Apparently you have to be very careful choosing the right supplier as there can be hidden costs and unreliable vendors all selling the same stuff. I started successfully repairing my own phones when I saw how many parts are available from e-bay and how dirt cheap they are. So far I've fixed the track ball on my BB Tour 9630. It stopped working reliably and I had to replace it because I always used my phone at work under all conditions(mechanic). Then to use the stand up charger I asked him to get me I had to take my Bold 9900 out of it's protective case, subsequently I dropped it multiple times and now I've asked for the loud speaker, also available from e-bay. As far as taking them apart, just search You Tube. There are plenty of people posting detailed video's on exactly how to disassemble almost any phone. You have to have patience, be somewhat interested in doing this type of repair and have some degree of skill. Almost every part I received came with the necessary tools to do the job.
    02-26-13 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD