I was looking for some other phone to replace my BB.. but I just can't find anything that handles emails as perfectly as a BB. Iphone, WM6.5, Symbian, Android.. all have their problems. Can anyone suggest anything that can do the emailing job somewhat like a BB.. live emails and all?

Thanks..
    06-27-10 11:57 AM
    Nothing, that's why the BB reigns supreme over all the other devices for email

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 04:35 PM
    Nothing was exactly what I was thinking as well... why do you think it's so hard to find one on your own... most of the complaints I've seen, even with some friends that have gotten the latest this or that is there are issues with nonsense stuff running in the background, and only being able to stop them by using some app that will stop some of those apps, or talking about jail breaking this or that... all a bunch of nonsense to me... I'll keep my Blackberry.
    06-27-10 05:20 PM
    Imap support is pretty good on android but POP3 even on BB needs some help. Enterprise is awesome on a BB but I have never done that on an Android and I don't think I ever will. I know I will never use a WM device for enterprise.

06-27-10 07:14 PM
    iPhone would have to be the best at email after the Blackberry.
    06-27-10 07:20 PM
    I think not simply because it has no real keyboard for cranking out emails. If I had to make that choice personally, I would get a Tilt II simply because I could use the on screen keyboard or the hard keyboard plus that device is heat and pressure sensitive vs an iphone only being heat sensitive. I have never heard anyone say an iphone in a enterprise environment was a good fit; then again I hang out here at CB and not over in the apple forums.

06-27-10 07:30 PM
    Thanks all.. yup seems like I'll have to hang on to my Bold 9700! Its just that the iphone or android devices seem so much snazzier.. beautiful graphics, the UI.. BB UI doesn't even come near. But then.. it has the live mails! I've tried Nokia free mail but that crashed my father's E66.. so I had to get rid of it.
    06-27-10 10:01 PM
    Thanks all.. yup seems like I'll have to hang on to my Bold 9700! Its just that the iphone or android devices seem so much snazzier.. beautiful graphics, the UI.. BB UI doesn't even come near. But then.. it has the live mails! I've tried Nokia free mail but that crashed my father's E66.. so I had to get rid of it.
    Join the club! Likewise, I would like to switch to a faster device with better browser, but it is imperative that the device handles email as good or better than BB. Unfortunately, I am yet to find such a device.
    06-27-10 10:05 PM
    Nothing, that's why the BB reigns supreme over all the other devices for email

Yep!!!!!!

06-28-10 01:08 PM
    I am in the same position as the topic starter.

I'd get a HTC because off it's beautiful screen and specs.
    Then again, that great screen eats your battery. My BB does all I want, it's just the web experience that's keeping me down.

Really hard choice between a multimedia gadget and a dependable phone.

06-28-10 02:00 PM
    I am in the same position as the topic starter.

I'd get a HTC because off it's beautiful screen and specs.
    Then again, that great screen eats your battery. My BB does all I want, it's just the web experience that's keeping me down.

Really hard choice between a multimedia gadget and a dependable phone.

well BBOS 6 will be released in September with a webkit browser, so you only have to wait for a little bit longer for a new phone
    06-28-10 02:22 PM
    Oh? That's making things interesting. Will it be only available in the US first, or also in Europe?

06-28-10 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD