Use to be able to remove this native fluff with the maxmem app and not only can I no longer find the app for download but I'm not confident that it would work on OS6. When I originally updated to 6.0 it didn't. An on device program is the only option for me as I'm a Mac user. Have searched it, but all that pops up is old useless info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 06-27-11 at 02:08 AM.
    06-27-11 01:04 AM
    Walpapers can be removed using BBSAK. Plug, run BBSAK, Modify CODS tab, read system, find net_rim_bb_mediaOTA_backgrounds_480x360_08_b.cod, selects it and Remove.

Those pesty avatars were a undeletable until recently. Install the latest Desktop Software (dunno version, the one with Applications, Organizer, Files). Hit Files, Device Memory and browse around.

Oops. Just saw you're a Mac. Sorry, either get a PC or put up with them. :/
    06-27-11 01:16 AM
    Yeah, that's why I loved MaxMem so much. I don't understand why there aten't more on device applications like it out there and available. Definitely angers me some, but even moreso I'm perturbed that all if these computer syncing programs like BBSAK are Windows only. It's not that I don't understand it, these phones are developed with Windows use in mind, being as there aren't a lot of businesses out there buying overpriced Macs for all their employees, thus the BlackBerry population is rightfully a MicroSoft majority. It'd just be nice to have it both ways. At least RIM provides its Desktop Manager software for us Apple users. I'd die without my DM. Well, thanks for the attempt, I'll keep my eyes to the ground and ears peeled, should I come up with anything I'll be sure to post it.

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 06-27-11 at 02:08 AM.
    06-27-11 02:04 AM
    You can always use a friend's PC. It is not like it will take forever and half his HD...

Bootcamp maybe? VMWare?
    06-27-11 11:08 AM
    anyone have a OTA for BBSAK i can't seem to download it for some reason keep getting an error
    06-27-11 11:21 AM
    Walpapers can be removed using BBSAK. Plug, run BBSAK, Modify CODS tab, read system, find net_rim_bb_mediaOTA_backgrounds_480x360_08_b.cod, selects it and Remove.
    can't find this file
    06-27-11 01:00 PM
    If you shrink your OS, then good chance it is not on the phone.
    Last edited by diegonei; 06-27-11 at 02:40 PM.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    06-27-11 02:34 PM
    I have no way to shrink my OS, I have a Mac, that is the whole problem.

06-27-11 04:38 PM
    You can always use a friend's PC. It is not like it will take forever and half his HD...

Bootcamp maybe? VMWare?
    Had virtual PC but it was pure garbage and caused issues so I dumped it. No, I'm stubborn, I will wait until soneone finally makes software I can use either on my Mac or direct from my phone.

06-27-11 04:52 PM
    [QUOTE=diegonei;6440245]Walpapers can be removed using BBSAK. Plug, run BBSAK, Modify CODS tab, read system, find net_rim_bb_mediaOTA_backgrounds_480x360_08_b.cod, selects it and Remove.

Hi,
    Diegonei my question is

Instead of BBSAK,what if i use blackberry right key master to remove the locked wall papers?

Cos BBSAK Doesn't work on window 7 it doesn't read the pin.

BTW My handset version is (v6.0.0.359 )

Any thoughts would be appreciated,Thankyou very much for showing up the procedure.
    06-28-11 11:59 AM
    BBSAK works on my Windows 7 HP Laptop just fine. Download the latest version maybe?

Never heard of blackberry right key master, but the good Lord blessed us with google so, yes, it should work.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    06-28-11 03:07 PM
    Yep i did it by using black berry right key master. oops! even RIM ringtones got deleted.
    Thankyou Diegonei you rock!
    Last edited by jackyshaikh; 06-29-11 at 05:32 AM. Reason: just noticed about ring tones
    06-29-11 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD