Can anyone tell me how to remove the grey bars on the homepage of the Bold 9700? The icons on the screen are fine but the grey bars are in the way.

Thanks!
    07-04-10 10:15 AM
    It is theme related. You can search the themes section and find a theme without the bars.
    Or you can set the layout to "today" instead on "zen"
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GG1; 07-04-10 at 10:19 AM.
    07-04-10 10:17 AM
    As stated, this is a theme issue, change your theme and your issue goes away.
    07-04-10 10:26 AM
    i'm sorry... i'm at a loss here, what grey bars??
    07-04-10 10:35 AM
    I will try to change my theme, I hope it works.
    Thanks for your help!
    07-04-10 05:21 PM
    It is theme related. You can search the themes section and find a theme without the bars.
    Or you can set the layout to "today" instead on "zen"
    Im glad you mentioned this, Whats Zen ? I see this in themes but i didnt play with it yet because im not sure about it .Thanks
    07-05-10 07:41 AM
    Im glad you mentioned this, Whats Zen ? I see this in themes but i didnt play with it yet because im not sure about it .Thanks
    It just changes your layout on home screen. On today layout, you will see your calender events and messages on the home screen while on "zen" you have the bottom dock. Try both layouts, see which one you prefer.

07-05-10 08:04 AM
    Thank You GG1,
    Im the type thats allways afraid to change anything. My theme now is Zen (active),
    when i go to the wrench icon (Options) then go to, theme, I see 2 themes there Precision Zen and Precision T-Mobile,I dont see anything about today sorry.
    07-05-10 08:25 AM
    On main icons page, instead of hitting the wrench icon, press menu (BB button) then options. You will see your theme options there.

07-05-10 08:30 AM
    Ok now i see more there / layout ZEN / Precision Zen (active) / Wallpaper Bridge.png, Thats a picture i used in the sample pictures folder, for the desktop background, im a welder and we make bridges were i work/ Thens theres the download folder/Theme Defaults Reset/Thats it.
    07-05-10 08:45 AM
    Yep... Just click on layout and change it to the one you want .... Simple as that.

07-05-10 08:51 AM
    Ok , Is that the only thing it will change,I have some ringtones customized for different callers that i would like to keep? I quess its wouldnt be hard just to check the contacts to see if anything changed with them. Anyway thanks for your help,I really appreciated it along with the rest of the help i get here on the forum.
    Now all i have to do is get A free ISP using the wifi with the crackberry so i can drop my landline and internet
    07-05-10 09:03 AM
    Yes, don't worry, it will not change anything else but the layout, and you can change it back and forth as many times as you wish without affecting anything else. And you're welcome, glad to help.

07-05-10 09:20 AM
    The theme you want is right here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/si...please-484147/

Got the OTA up right now!

http://bit.ly/aDgvxv

07-05-10 09:27 AM
    Here's a custom L theme with the grey bars removed. With Hidden Today.
    I think the OTA still works.
    http://themes4bb.com/upload/files/us...om_L_Steve.jad
    07-05-10 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD