Hey everyone, long time!

I just got myself a new 9700 on Vodafone UK, and I've updated the software to the latest official as posted above.

Question though - my loading (flash) screen still says Vodafone when I boot, and the browser also shows a vodafone logo when it loads.

Also, the browser has an addition at the bottom of every page that says "Back to Vodafone live!" - which is annoying.

Is there any way of removing these "features"?

Purely cosmetic, but I hate branding. With a passion.

I did a good comb of the forums before I posted to see if this has been asked already - didn't see anything, but sorry for a double post if I did.
    12-22-09 08:21 PM
    hmm, maybe completely reset the firmware and install again?
    12-22-09 08:37 PM
    How would I go about doing a complete firmware reset?
    Thanks.
    12-22-09 08:38 PM
    Even a complete firmware reset doesn't touch the initial splash logo, I don't believe (I think I've done it once, a while ago).
    12-22-09 08:40 PM
    It's not so much the splash that is the bother - the vodafone branding in the browser is incredibly annoying, and interfering.
    It's redirected me to browser-based settings screens a few times, and is infuriating the **** out of me.
    12-22-09 08:42 PM
    Update:
    Gone into Browser options, and there is only "Vodafone Live!" and "Hotspot Browser"
    No "internet browser" option.

Lame.
    12-22-09 09:34 PM
    Update:
    Gone into Browser options, and there is only "Vodafone Live!" and "Hotspot Browser"
    No "internet browser" option.

Lame.
    How is thast lame if that's what you purchased and knew what you we're getting?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 10:00 PM
    you cannot change the branding on any device made after the Bold 9000. RIM changed the security settings on all new devices so the software needed to load the VSM file to the ROM wont connect to the device. you are stuck with whatever carrier branding comes with the phone. sorry.
    12-22-09 11:14 PM
    you can unbrand 9700 with mfi.
    i tried to debrand my 9000, and no luck.. can get 3G band after debrand

you can buy unbranded blackberry, straight from RIM.
    12-23-09 12:16 AM
    you can unbrand 9700 with mfi.
    Have you seen this done? Everything I have read states that the new security phones, including the 9700, cannot be unbranded as of yet and that the VSM files don't work with the phones.
    01-03-10 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD