I remeber seeing some posts about it a while back and was just wondering what would be the recommended way of removing it? Thanks Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-11 11:52 AM
    would love to know too - but if i remember correctly this is quite a process...
    12-12-11 01:03 PM
    i think he's referring to the start up logo
    12-12-11 01:42 PM
    i think he's referring to the start up logo
    If that's the case, then the answer is: that topic isn't discussed here.
    12-12-11 02:03 PM
    If that's the case, then the answer is: that topic isn't discussed here.
    Confused _ why?
    12-13-11 01:59 AM
    The software needed is RIM's if im not mistaken not for public use
    12-13-11 03:53 AM
    you can use MFI Multi Loader (MML)
    you will also need VSM files..
    This is crucial heart surgery...
    i don't remember any one used MML on OS6 and above+ based devices.
    you will find lot articles on MML and usage of VSM file.
    remember... its very risky and consider yourself responsible for every thing...
    12-13-11 04:02 AM
    Why would you like to do that?
    12-13-11 04:48 AM
    It can be done

There are people with working copies of MML 6 on the internet (I'm not one so don't PM me asking).

Look around you will find someone who does carrier debranding. It will wipe your phone though so make sure you backup all your data first.

(Phone has to be dumped into service mode before a new VSM file can be flashed with MML)

Happy searching !
    12-13-11 05:51 AM
    No I meant the Carrier branding sorry for not wording it right but that is what I meant thanks for the link byul.
    12-13-11 07:04 AM
    On a related note, would the warranty be void if the carrier branding is removed?
    12-13-11 08:33 AM
    On a related note, would the warranty be void if the carrier branding is removed?
    If you guys are talking about the splash screen that pops out for few seconds, yes, I think if you try to remove that, it will void your warranty for sure. It is hard to remove and may end up with a phone that is useless in the removing process.

If you are talking about the branding printed on the bottom plastic, I don't think it will void your warranty. Some companies like Telus, didn't even place their logo down there. The only way someone will you that my phone is Telus based is if they look at the start up splash screen.

RIM is against removal of the splash screen.
    12-13-11 08:45 AM
    I am talking about the little portion on the bottom that is located next to the microphone below the SPACE key.
    12-13-11 08:58 AM
    Mike- Go to the drugstore and buy a bottle of cheap 100% acetone nail polish remover. NOT the fancy stuff with aloe and moisturizers, no fragrance, not acetone-free. 100% ACETONE. It should be pretty much the cheapest one on the shelf. Dip a cotton swab in the acetone and squeeze out the excess- the swab should be wet but not dripping. Gently run the swab across the carrier logo and the logo will dissolve almost instantly. Re-swab a few times to get the bottom plate super clean. There will be a very faint ghost image that is visible only under bright light and at certain angles, but for all intents and purposes the logo will be totally gone.

I have used this procedure on my AT&T-branded 9900 with complete success. There is NO damage to the plastic plate itself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Garvin6600 likes this.
    12-18-11 01:11 PM
    or you can just buy the replacement plastic on eBay

- Charles
    12-18-11 08:50 PM
    can't believe there are still no clear clue on how to debranding 9930 after 2 years passed
    06-16-13 10:13 AM
    Maybe because it's not really a big deal ....
    06-16-13 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD