I lost my job, but kept my BB Bold...
    When they removed me from the work BES - I had to do a backup/wipe/restore.

No problems really, except two things.
    1. WiFi indicator is gray, but shows the network name as connected.
    2. I can't set up a personal email. I somehow got my yahoo mail to stay running, as that was running on the BES. There's no email setup icon under setup, and when I go to Setup Wizard and Email Setup, only the "work email" option is there.

I was prompted by a buddy to login to my BIS on the att website. I never setup a login, and now when I try to set up a new account by entering the PIN and IMEI it says I can't do it.

Is my phone still thinking it is on the BES?

What now?
    07-03-09 01:34 AM
    Did you ever sign up for the BIS plan?
    07-03-09 01:44 AM
    Did you ever sign up for the BIS plan?
    I went online right away with ATT to change my plan from BES data to personal.
    However never created a login at BlackBerry Internet Service

UPDATE - in the process of troubleshooting, I did a device update from the blackberry website, seems to have fixed those errors with the wifi and personal email setup icon.
    07-03-09 02:16 AM
    Sorry to hear about your job loss. We'll keep you in our prayers.
    07-03-09 04:31 PM
    Ditto.

- E
    07-03-09 09:31 PM
    I went online right away with ATT to change my plan from BES data to personal.
    However never created a login at BlackBerry Internet Service

UPDATE - in the process of troubleshooting, I did a device update from the blackberry website, seems to have fixed those errors with the wifi and personal email setup icon.
    Remember that anytime you have issues with e-mail or WiFi being connected
    but greyed out, logging into BIS and sending service books should solve your issue.
    07-03-09 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD