I upgraded to 5.0 a while ago, and when I found out it didn't play nice with Googletalk, reverted back to 4.6.

I've got icons in my download folder, trial programs from 5, that still show up, although I can't see anywhere where they'd be installed. When I click on them, I'm allowed to move or hide, but not delete. Trapster, the last program I downloaded, it does allow me to delete.

Anything I can use to get rid of those invalid program icons?
    06-19-09 10:27 PM
    go to options->application and select the apps u do not wish to keep
    then delete
    06-19-09 10:32 PM
    They're not there. Otherwise I'd have done that already.

I guess I'll try to nuke it from orbit.
    06-19-09 10:39 PM
    I upgraded to 5.0 a while ago, and when I found out it didn't play nice with Googletalk, reverted back to 4.6.

I've got icons in my download folder, trial programs from 5, that still show up, although I can't see anywhere where they'd be installed. When I click on them, I'm allowed to move or hide, but not delete. Trapster, the last program I downloaded, it does allow me to delete.

Anything I can use to get rid of those invalid program icons?
    if they're those stupid icons that at&t puts on your phone, you can try deleting the service books for them but they always come back. I just put them in a junk folder and hide it. problem solved
    06-19-09 10:56 PM
    if they're those stupid icons that at&t puts on your phone, you can try deleting the service books for them but they always come back. I just put them in a junk folder and hide it. problem solved
    Agreed, some are just setup launchers. Just hide them.
    06-19-09 11:07 PM
    yup, hide is the easiest way
    06-19-09 11:08 PM
    yeah, just found that out...after I nuked it all.
    06-19-09 11:12 PM
    Out of sight - out of mind!!
    06-19-09 11:55 PM
    I put them a folder called Crap. Along with all the other useless icons I have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 12:28 AM
    I hate the fact you can't remove these icons. But I've come to except it and just hide them as everyone else seems to do.

06-20-09 06:26 AM
    Same here...just made a folder, moved them there and hid it.

06-20-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD