Hi All,

I just purchased a T-Mobile 9900 from the forums, to replace my 9930 on Verizon. Anyway, the 9900 came up with BES setup, but I just want to setup my GMail accounts - like I have on my 9930. How do I disable BES activation, and go through normal email setup?

Thanks!
    10-08-13 12:31 AM
    You will need BIS activated on your account. Then in the setup menu, you should be able to add your Gmail accounts in the emails option.
    If you already have a BES account activated, I think the only way to get rid of it is to do a security wipe. Shouldn't stop you using BIS or Gmail though.
    Been a while since I've done this and I don't have a legacy device handy.
    Bookshelf likes this.
    10-08-13 12:34 AM
    Hi All,

I just purchased a T-Mobile 9900 from the forums, to replace my 9930 on Verizon. Anyway, the 9900 came up with BES setup, but I just want to setup my GMail accounts - like I have on my 9930. How do I disable BES activation, and go through normal email setup?

Thanks!
    I am not 100% sure if I understand your problem correctly, but below you will read my answer to what I think you are asking:

If the device has been enterprise activated, the IT policy is still present on the device.
    The only way of getting rid of it, is to enter the device password incorrectly 10 times (default). This will wipe the device AND remove the policy.
    If you wipe the device from the Security menu, the IT policy is left behind.
    10-08-13 12:39 AM
    So this is obvious, but a mistake I made.. I just needed to add BIS through my carrier - doh!
    10-08-13 01:38 AM
    Yep, legacy devices requires bis activated through what ever carrier you use.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk now Free
    10-08-13 01:43 AM
    Wow

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    10-08-13 01:44 AM
    So this is obvious, but a mistake I made.. I just needed to add BIS through my carrier - doh!
    For sure you need BIS activation. But you might also need to get rid of IT policy anyway. It simply depends on the rules the IT policy has put on the device, and your usage pattern.
    As an example: on my BES activation the IT policy does not allow BlackBerry World... For a company phone, I can understand that. For a private phone: I would get rid of this a.s.a.p.
    10-08-13 08:42 AM
    I also just got another 9900 Bold .
    In this case I actually checked the thread before posting the question.
    So I go to my carrier (T-mobile) and ask them for BIS activation.
    (Hopefully they won't give me a dumb look)
    Thanks again.

Update- That worked.
    Last edited by Bookshelf; 10-26-13 at 08:19 AM.
    10-10-13 05:09 PM
    I am not 100% sure if I understand your problem correctly, but below you will read my answer to what I think you are asking:

If the device has been enterprise activated, the IT policy is still present on the device.
    The only way of getting rid of it, is to enter the device password incorrectly 10 times (default). This will wipe the device AND remove the policy.
    If you wipe the device from the Security menu, the IT policy is left behind.
    i have the same problem, please i wanted to know the risks after the wipe of the device. what will happen? what will appear on my screen? i just hope there is no other complications after that wipe.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-11-13 01:32 PM
    i have the same problem, please i wanted to know the risks after the wipe of the device. what will happen? what will appear on my screen? i just hope there is no other complications after that wipe.

It's a wipe. It will go back to factory default.

10-11-13 01:43 PM
    It's a wipe. It will go back to factory default.

Thanks, but..if you don't mind..what is the Factory default? and what am i going to do when my screen will get there? thanks in advance.

10-11-13 01:48 PM
    Thanks, but..if you don't mind..what is the Factory default? and what am i going to do when my screen will get there? thanks in advance.

Really?

It's what your phone is when you bought it.

10-11-13 01:51 PM
    If I reset and I have been doing backups using Desktop Manager, will I be able to get all of my contacts back or are they GONE....
    01-13-14 12:03 PM
    Sorry guys but my country restricted by BlackBerry! Is there any way to set email account on my 9900?
    Please helppppppp

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    01-13-14 12:23 PM
    Sorry guys but my country restricted by BlackBerry! Is there any way to set email account on my 9900?
    Please helppppppp

There are a some third party apps that will give you email if you cannot use the BlackBerry email. Logic mail and astrasync are a couple of them.

LogicMail for BlackBerry

AstraSync - BlackBerry ActiveSync Compatibility - Sync BlackBerry with Exchange ActiveSync Server
    01-13-14 03:12 PM
    If I reset and I have been doing backups using Desktop Manager, will I be able to get all of my contacts back or are they GONE....
    If you do a reset to factory or security wipe, you will be able to restore your backup. You have to make sure you know your BlackBerryID password and when you setup the phone after the wipe, use the same BlackBerryID and password on it. Then restore the backup.
    zotzky likes this.
    01-13-14 03:15 PM
    There are a some third party apps that will give you email if you cannot use the BlackBerry email. Logic mail and astrasync are a couple of them.

LogicMail for BlackBerry

AstraSync - BlackBerry ActiveSync Compatibility - Sync BlackBerry with Exchange ActiveSync Server
    Thank you
    But how about bbm? Will it work too?

01-14-14 03:57 AM
    You will not get BBM without your carrier supporting BBM, even on wifi.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 04:58 AM
    You will not get BBM without your carrier supporting BBM, even on wifi.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but how can I use it on my z10?
    No solution??
    Thanks a lot

01-14-14 05:25 AM
    Sorry but how can I use it on my z10?
    No solution??
    Thanks a lot

If may work on your Z10 without a SIM in the phone.

What country are you in? For BBM to work, you need to be logged in with your BlackBerryID and have access to the BBM servers. This BBM access may be blocked in your country.
    01-14-14 07:44 AM
    If may work on your Z10 without a SIM in the phone.

What country are you in? For BBM to work, you need to be logged in with your BlackBerryID and have access to the BBM servers. This BBM access may be blocked in your country.
    With z10 I have no problem with bbm or email accounts
    But problem is my 9900! I can't set email account or use bbm
    I appreciate if you can help me!
    Meanwhile i'm in Iran

01-14-14 08:07 AM
    Answered in another thread.
    01-14-14 08:11 AM
    Answered in another thread.
    Excuse me
    My question is why bbm working on z10 very well but not in my 9900(I mean over wi-fi)? Just because of bis? It's ridiculous!

01-14-14 09:07 AM
    Excuse me
    My question is why bbm working on z10 very well but not in my 9900(I mean over wi-fi)? Just because of bis? It's ridiculous!

It will work over wifi if you have a BIS enabled SIM in the phone in other areas of the world, even if you are roaming from a different country and have data roaming diabled and use wifi data only. The BIS enabled SIM needs to be in the phone with the 9900 for most of the functions to work, even on wifi.

Without BIS on the older phones like the 9900, you loose a lot of the functionality of the BlackBerry.
    01-14-14 10:01 AM
    It will work over wifi if you have a BIS enabled SIM in the phone in other areas of the world, even if you are roaming from a different country and have data roaming diabled and use wifi data only. The BIS enabled SIM needs to be in the phone with the 9900 for most of the functions to work, even on wifi.

Without BIS on the older phones like the 9900, you loose a lot of the functionality of the BlackBerry.
    Very thankful for replying but can you tell me why? Will it be updated or something to perform like z10 without any problems?
    Will it be available for 9900 later?
    Sorry for so many questions!!
    Thanks very much

01-14-14 10:16 AM
29 12