Hi guys

I recently updated my phone and am hating one of the changes. I desperately want to get rid of this Enhanced Gmail Plug-in - it doesn't allow me to view sent emails and it bunches emails by stating (2items) as opposed to showing the name of the person it is from. This is rather frustrating.

I have tried numerous things:

1) Deleting account. I tried something someone had posted on here - it was to delete account on blackberry and then enter an email address like anything@anything.com - this would then allow me to manually put in the details but it never allowed me to this. So this didn't work.
    2) I've tried accessing and deleting it through options>device>application management. But it didn't appear in the list so I couldn't delete it.
    3) I've tried accessing and deleting it through application manager on the desktop manager - again it didn't appear in the list.
    4) I've tried restoring my phone to a previous date but the bloody plug-in is still there.

I'm at my wit's end with this - any help would be so greatly appreciated. I'm a little apprehensive about using CrackUtil. But if I have to, I will need seriously detailed steps of what to do.

Thanking you in advance,
    Sarah
    04-28-11 05:37 AM
    The easiest which most of us do is delete your gmail acct. Then go into the options to add an email acct but don't but gmail, but something bogus like xyz.com and save it. Then you will have to manually add the servers because it obviously won't connect to anything and input the correct email address with the imap server to get the mail and no more enhanced plugin crap.
    04-28-11 07:38 AM
    The ENH Gmail Plugin will still be on the BlackBerry. Delete the COD files form the handset if it bothers you. Plenty of threads here in the forums as to how to do it.
    04-28-11 07:43 AM
    The ENH Gmail Plugin will still be on the BlackBerry. Delete the COD files form the handset if it bothers you. Plenty of threads here in the forums as to how to do it.
    Using either BBSAK or BB MCP.

Personaly, I think that the benefits of he plugin outweight that detail...
    Last edited by diegonei; 04-28-11 at 10:07 AM.
    04-28-11 10:03 AM
    I used CrackUtil to delete the gmail_CODas mentioned by diegonei above
    04-28-11 12:33 PM
    Hi there. How do I delete the COD files from the handset?
    Thanks for the tips guys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 03:44 PM
    Hi there. How do I delete the COD files from the handset?
    Answer was given already.

Using either BBSAK or BB MCP.
    04-28-11 04:29 PM
    Try downloading gmail plug in even though its installed already. Once downloaded, it should delete. It did it for me. Hated gmail plug in. Its such a horrible programi

04-29-11 12:02 PM
    Try downloading gmail plug in even though its installed already. Once downloaded, it should delete. It did it for me. Hated gmail plug in. Its such a horrible programi
    As you most surely know, you can't download it for the 9780 at the moment. The only way to get it is in an OS load, which makes it not removable.

Horrible why? Because you don't like it? Many people do, and with reason. So either say "horrible because this and that" or just don't say it.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-21-11 at 12:55 AM.
    04-29-11 01:00 PM
    Thanks everyone for your help. I've now watched a video tutorial on how to use BBSAK so hopefully I'll get it right. I just need to know what the file name is that I need to delete to get rid of the Enhanced Gmail Plug-in.
    Thanks guys

04-30-11 06:07 AM
    net_rim_bb_gmail.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource*.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help*.cod
    04-30-11 10:26 AM
    As you most surely know, you can't download it for the 9780 at the moment. The only way to get it is in an OS load, which makes it not removable.

Horrible why? Because you don't like it? Many people do, and with reason. So either say "horrible because this and that" or just don't say it.
    Horrible because it forces one to use "Conversation View", which, in my experience, many, many people detest. Horrible because it cannot be turned off. Would it be that hard to have an option to disable the damned thing? Horrible because it, to many people, is horrible. I have clients telling me to get the damned thing off or find them another email provider.
    Last edited by avalonnyc; 08-22-11 at 03:41 PM. Reason: syntax
    08-22-11 03:37 PM
    Horrible because...
    I don't understand your problem... if you don't like it, then remove it.

All the instructions you need are posted above.

08-22-11 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD