Recently ported my number from AT&T to Sprint for Evo 4G. I never called AT&T ahead of time, or even told them I was canceling. Guy at Best Buy just took care of all of it when he ported number.

I wanted to sell my Bold, but a day after I switched, I realized my gmail account is still on my BIS. So when I do a full reset to to sell the phone, my gmail account is still probably linked to it. I tried going into the email setup to remove it, but it says it needs a radio to do so, and I can't do that since my AT&T account is closed.

Is my gmail still linked to my BIS even after my AT&T account is closed? Do I need to call them to remove it? I don't fully understand how BIS works so that is why I am asking here.
    06-29-10 10:17 AM
    You should be able to delete the email account from AT&T's BIS website. I don't believe the device needs to be turned on for that.

Or if you know a friend with an AT&T device you can borrow their SIM for about 5 minutes while you delete the account off of the BB.
    06-29-10 10:30 AM
    Lol, I can't find another person I know that has AT&T. I was always the only one in my family and friends. Also, can't log into BIS AT&T for some reason. Might just have to call AT&T and see what they can do.

If I change my Gmail password, will that simply prevent anyone that gets this phone from possibly getting my email?
    07-02-10 09:19 PM
    The only thing you can do is to call them up and explain your problem. They should at least help you out.
    07-02-10 09:30 PM
    Do a security wipe on your device and it should clear off everything, including email setup on the device. Then, changing your gmail password, will prevent the email getting pushed to the device.

Call AT&T and ask them to release the PIN and BIS plan from your account.
    07-03-10 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD