I want to relock my bb bolc because its beening sent into Rogers to get fixed and i know 100% that my warranty has been voided. SO someone PLEASE tell me how to relock it, i know it can be done, i just need to know how.
    04-26-10 12:11 AM
    From what I know, once a BB is locked its locked forever. And also, from what I know I dont think unlocking your phone will void your warranty. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong
    04-26-10 12:14 AM
    Start with a search and you'd find this thread: After unlocking, can you re-lock it?
    04-26-10 12:28 AM
    It does void warranty.
    04-26-10 12:40 PM
    From what I know, once a BB is locked its locked forever. And also, from what I know I dont think unlocking your phone will void your warranty. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong
    It is not Locked forever but it can be unlocked forever.
    04-26-10 12:48 PM
    It does void warranty.
    You are not correct.

When you leave your local phone company and want to use another phone company (such as when traveling international), unlocking is required to use the new company's SIM.

The 'unlock code' is commonly provided by your phone company, but I understand, Rogers might not participate. Your warranty is with RIM not with your phone company... and RIM allows unlocking.

The 'Unlocking' is forever and can not be 'Relocked' by conventional means.

If you read the link posted above, one reply said:
    "an unlocked phone is still under warranty. You can call RIM and find out for yourself. The [Canadian phone company] reps are basically trained to say that, but we've returned numerous units and had customers return as well phones that were unlocked and never had any issues getting them replaced under warranty. "
    Last edited by mandony; 04-26-10 at 06:11 PM.
    04-26-10 06:05 PM
    It does not void warranty I'm sorry. Sent in many devices to Rogers and many other carriers all unlocked with NO ISSUES.
    04-26-10 11:24 PM
    I can also confirm that it does NOT void the warranty. Every phone I have had
    (8100, 8310, 9000, 8900, 9700) has been unlocked and replaced and the
    warranty NEVER came in to play.
    04-27-10 03:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD