Hi there, like many out there, I purchased an unlocked BB Bold. I cant get my email set up since the PIN is still locked on the Rogers network. I saw this online and I was wondering if anyone out there has used them?

remoteunlockbb.com/2008/09/reset-bis-account.html

I don't know all the information of the previous owner nor do I know how to contact them so I'm afraid by calling Rogers to get them to release it it will just end up being more of a hassle.

I have a question though, if I did call Rogers, what information can they tell from the PIN and the IMEI number?
    04-18-09 07:53 AM
    They can get all the account details from the PIN. I don't know about privacy laws over there, but I doubt they will help you.

Might be worth a shot though, they may request proof of purchase to show you did in fact buy the device, and not just steal it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 09:13 AM
    Escalate the call with your provider and ask them to call RIM. Mention that you're receiving the previous owner's email and that it's a privacy issue. RIM takes that seriously and will release the PIN.
    04-18-09 12:01 PM
    Escalate the call with your provider and ask them to call RIM. Mention that you're receiving the previous owner's email and that it's a privacy issue. RIM takes that seriously and will release the PIN.
    I had a friend do this and it worked.
    04-18-09 12:07 PM
    I had a friend do this and it worked.
    Thanks I'll give it a try and see what happens.
    04-20-09 06:26 PM
    Hi there, like many out there, I purchased an unlocked BB Bold. I cant get my email set up since the PIN is still locked on the Rogers network. I saw this online and I was wondering if anyone out there has used them?

remoteunlockbb.com/2008/09/reset-bis-account.html

I don't know all the information of the previous owner nor do I know how to contact them so I'm afraid by calling Rogers to get them to release it it will just end up being more of a hassle.

I have a question though, if I did call Rogers, what information can they tell from the PIN and the IMEI number?
    You can release the pin by simply logging on to a separate blackberry account and temporarily changing the device to the device you are wanting to release. once this is done, you simply change the device back to original, on the account. Your blackberry will now be released from the previous account. If this does not work, simply insert the sim from the active blackberry in to the locked pin blackberry, log into the active blackberry account as before. The account will recognize the sim in the new blackberry and ask if you would like to make the device active, you say yes and log out. you can then put the sim back into the original blackberry and log in to account as before and change back to original device.
    05-04-09 03:43 PM
    You can release the pin by simply logging on to a separate blackberry account and temporarily changing the device to the device you are wanting to release. once this is done, you simply change the device back to original, on the account. Your blackberry will now be released from the previous account. If this does not work, simply insert the sim from the active blackberry in to the locked pin blackberry, log into the active blackberry account as before. The account will recognize the sim in the new blackberry and ask if you would like to make the device active, you say yes and log out. you can then put the sim back into the original blackberry and log in to account as before and change back to original device.
    what? the device is already registered on the other account, it will not be able to be released? what?
    06-06-09 02:40 PM
    Yup. What the other guy said. Get transfered to RIM and they'll release it. They did it for me last week as I had the same problem. The PIN was still on the previous owners ATT account. RIM fixed everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD