I need some help. Can anyone tell me if it is coming to Sprint. I heard of a rumor that it wasn't going to. If it is true then how could this be? Fate couldnt be that cruel to me lol
    07-04-08 03:12 AM
    NOTHING firm as yet just LOTS of speculation.

I personally would wait for something firm from your carrier
    07-04-08 03:39 AM
    In my opinion, I dont think it is coming to any other carrier other than ATT in the US. I think this because it seems like RIM is going to be rolling out a whole bunch of different phones over the next few months. I think each carrier is getting a different phone:

ATT: Bold
    VZW: Thunder
    TMO: Kickstart
    Sprint: ? Maybe Javelin?
    07-04-08 08:19 AM
    usually cdma carriers get stuff way later than gsm. at the moment no one knows if its coming to sprint or verizon.

plus like stang68 said theres a few other models on the horizon. we just gotta wait and see what happens.
    07-04-08 08:41 AM
    I asked this question to a sprint rep a few weeks ago (my job requires me to carry a Nextel) and I he chuckled and said the jus barely has the Curve and to not count on it for a long while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-08 10:44 AM
    The Bold just like the Curve will possibly get to Sprint and Verizon (CDMA) as to when that will be is another question.
    07-04-08 01:06 PM
    In my opinion, I dont think it is coming to any other carrier other than ATT in the US. I think this because it seems like RIM is going to be rolling out a whole bunch of different phones over the next few months. I think each carrier is getting a different phone:

ATT: Bold
    VZW: Thunder
    TMO: Kickstart
    Sprint: ? Maybe Javelin?
    Every carrier will most likely get all the devices, its just a question of who gets it first. RIM/ or any manufacturer is not gonna put time & money into a device and give it exclusively to a CDMA/EVDO carrier so that it can only be sold in North America. Devices are given to all the carriers or just GSM carriers because at the end of the day they sell a lot more.
    So for example, maybe the Thunder will be released on VERIZON first but there is no way in **** it will stay exclusive to Verizon.
    07-04-08 04:07 PM
    So for example, maybe the Thunder will be released on VERIZON first but there is no way in **** it will stay exclusive to Verizon.

It is a dual-carrier exclusive. Verizon Wireless and Vodafone. There is a possibility it can change as both companies have to meet certain quotas to retain the lifetime exclusive. I know Vodafone will accomplish this feat, but Verizon on the other hand needs to set the price point at a reasonable one to meet/retain the quotas needed.
    07-04-08 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD