Hi, I live in Canada and apparently the blackberry onyx is going to be released in september (first part of 3rd Qaurter) and I know Rogers will get it first and might be the only carrier with it in Canada.

Anyone know anything against the september release because so far no one has rejected the fact it will be released in Q3. Does anyone have any facts that could make the september release impossible?
    Last edited by ice0mike; 07-24-09 at 06:18 AM.
    07-21-09 02:30 PM
    I'm sorry but Rogers will not be the first to get the 9020.
    07-21-09 02:42 PM
    Why not? They use GSM
    07-21-09 02:50 PM
    I'm sorry but Rogers will not be the first to get the 9020.
    I'd guess T-Mobile Germany as they were first done with Bold last year...
    07-21-09 03:00 PM
    Why not? They use GSM
    There are many GSM carriers, but that has nothing to do with who will or will not release it first. Rogers will definitely get the 9020, they just won't get it first.
    07-21-09 03:08 PM
    There are many GSM carriers, but that has nothing to do with who will or will not release it first. Rogers will definitely get the 9020, they just won't get it first.
    does it look like they will get it this calendar year (before december 31, 2009)?

september would be awesome though...
    07-21-09 03:10 PM
    ATT will probably get it first.

and it wont come out in september. it will come out in oct-nov
    07-21-09 03:28 PM
    The latest word I have heard from someone that works closely with BB UK was that it was to be expected end of August/early September on Vodafone in the UK.

That's the latest i've heard. The message I got was "9300 - August/September. confirmed!".

But to be fair, I did take it with a pinch of salt because the RIM deadlines never really seem to be deadlines... more like targets lol.
    Last edited by MisterAdam; 07-21-09 at 05:12 PM.
    07-21-09 05:10 PM
    ATT will probably get it first.

and it wont come out in september. it will come out in oct-nov
    Actually I doubt at&t will be first with it. CX is usually dead on with this stuff but I would expect it to happen something like this...

Germany (probably TMO)
    Canada (probably Rogers)
    UK (don't have a guess on carrier)
    US (TMO may get driftwood out first, but Onyx will go at&t in oct/nov)

CX may have a different view of this list and he is closer to the action than I but I can speak to the at&t piece...

PG
    07-21-09 10:27 PM
    why wouldnt Rogers get it first?
    07-21-09 11:48 PM
    Hi, I live in waterloo (home of RIM and blackberrys) and apparently the blackberry onyx is going to be released in september (first part of 3rd Qaurter) and I know Rogers will get it first and might be the only carrier with it in Canada.
    No offence intended here, but what does living in waterloo have to do with the credibility to the information you posted?

I live in Winnipeg, home of Crackberry, and it doesnt mean I know anything more than anyone or that Kevin is inviting me over to try out new devices, just like living in Waterloo doesn't mean you have more access to information than anyone else.
    07-22-09 12:04 AM
    I can't wait for this!

Any idea on pricing?
    07-22-09 08:03 PM
    I really don't care who gets it first.. just as long as Rogers doesn't get it LAST! haha and it happens sometime in the time frame of sept-nov.

I'll get really excited when i see a good TWEET by CX regarding the 9020 and Rogers ; >
    07-22-09 08:20 PM
    FML i waannttt
    07-22-09 10:43 PM
    So Would This be The Bold 2??
    07-22-09 11:07 PM
    When is it coming to Indonesia? I know some people here are itching already :P
    07-23-09 11:36 AM
    So Would This be The Bold 2??
    Oh good Lord now you gonna get the Bold owners in a tizzy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 04:46 PM
    Oh good Lord now you gonna get the Bold owners in a tizzy.

LOL
    07-23-09 11:31 PM
    Nothing will replace the bold! I see it as a BB Bold Mini. It's thinner and smaller but has a few upgrades over the BB Bold, let's admit it the Bold has been out for about 2 years. I think pricing is gonna be $299.99 Canadian with a 3-year Rogers plan, it ain't cheap...
    07-24-09 06:22 AM
    The latest word I have heard from someone that works closely with BB UK was that it was to be expected end of August/early September on Vodafone in the UK.

That's the latest i've heard. The message I got was "9300 - August/September. confirmed!".

But to be fair, I did take it with a pinch of salt because the RIM deadlines never really seem to be deadlines... more like targets lol.

wow on vodafone? hopefully its not exclusive like the storm
    07-24-09 09:09 AM
    Face it, it is better than the Bold in every aspect whether you all like it or not. Had it not been, it would have had a lower model number.
    07-24-09 01:05 PM
    Anyone any idea when its going to be released in the UK. I have heard as early as August an as late as November. I hope its not locked to vodafone as dont want to leave orange
    07-24-09 03:51 PM
    The bold hasn't been out for 2 years, not even a year on ATT.

07-24-09 04:38 PM
    Hopefully sometime in october/november

07-25-09 12:40 AM
    Anyone any idea when its going to be released in the UK. I have heard as early as August an as late as November. I hope its not locked to vodafone as dont want to leave orange
    Buy it sim free, might cost more but at least you wont have to deal with crappy network branding...its what im planning to do..buy one sim free like i did with my Bold but using it with my Tmobile UK sim here and it works perfectly fine..
    07-25-09 05:52 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD