Hi Guys

I set up emails to be pushed from my yahoo , gmail and my university (.edu) email account. yahoo and gmail is all fine, but with my .edu account although i can receive mails and reply them too from my handheld but i cannot delete the mails directly from my BB from the account and also if i reply a mail from my BB i dont see that replied mail in the "sent mail" folder when i check in my computer. wats the remedy?
    07-26-09 11:16 PM
    Hi Guys

I set up emails to be pushed from my yahoo , gmail and my university (.edu) email account. yahoo and gmail is all fine, but with my .edu account although i can receive mails and reply them too from my handheld but i cannot delete the mails directly from my BB from the account and also if i reply a mail from my BB i dont see that replied mail in the "sent mail" folder when i check in my computer. wats the remedy?

what powers the .edu email client.. Is it an edu powered by google? or somthing else?
    07-26-09 11:38 PM
    what powers the .edu email client.. Is it an edu powered by google? or somthing else?
    i see lotus notes in the corner of the account page..
    07-27-09 12:17 AM
    I'm also interested in this too. (I have an .edu mail account too)

I have an option to remove from handheld and mailbox, but I don't have a sent folder on my phone. Is that something I have to change in my settings?
    07-27-09 08:44 AM
    It depends upon the protocols that they use for the edu account. It sounds like it is a plain and simply POP3 account. This will provide limited syncing between multiple devices and does not provide for sent messages like IMAP does. You can set up a BCC to another email account for the sent messages.

Your other option is to pull them into gmail and let gmail be your edu mailbox.
    07-27-09 08:57 AM
    If you are using POP you have limited options. See if your university supports IMAP.
    07-27-09 10:17 AM
    i see lotus notes in the corner of the account page..
    Ok. Well what you would want to do first is to email the school help desk. Mention that you are trying to add the email account to a blackberry device and want to know the procedure. I know that if it was powered by google, you would need to follow a certain set of steps. First is you need to link the account with gmail and then you will set it up to use IMAP. This would allow for removing the item from the inbox and handheld. I dont have an answer for how to do lotus notes but if i figure it out i will come back and tell you how.
    07-27-09 11:22 AM
    Ok. Well what you would want to do first is to email the school help desk. Mention that you are trying to add the email account to a blackberry device and want to know the procedure. I know that if it was powered by google, you would need to follow a certain set of steps. First is you need to link the account with gmail and then you will set it up to use IMAP. This would allow for removing the item from the inbox and handheld. I dont have an answer for how to do lotus notes but if i figure it out i will come back and tell you how.
    Did u get some info?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 04:29 PM
    I'm also interested in this too. (I have an .edu mail account too)

I have an option to remove from handheld and mailbox, but I don't have a sent folder on my phone. Is that something I have to change in my settings?
    No I alsO can't see dat in My BB

07-28-09 04:30 PM
    Your other option is to pull them into gmail and let gmail be your edu mailbox.
    could you explain this in lil more detail, how to set this up.. that seems to be my best option now..
    08-02-09 12:01 AM
    Set up a gmail account.
    Go to settings
    Go to accounts tab
    Add your edu account to the Get Mail From Other Accounts

If you want to use the gmail interface to send emails from that account too, set it up in the Send Mail As right above it.

Setup BIS to pull this email account.
    08-02-09 09:14 AM
    Set up a gmail account.
    Go to settings
    Go to accounts tab

If you want to use the gmail interface to send emails from that account too, set it up in the Send Mail As right above it.

Did you not get a response from the schools IT help desk regarding the issue? i was unable to locate any information regarding lotus.. With edu emails powered by google you have to sync the edu box with Gmail.. doing this allows it to be added correctly. you just need to enable IMAP and you will have full functionality... You could also set up Email forwarding from your .edu box to forward to your @BlackBerry.net email. This would ensure you receive your emails, it would however require that you respond back with another email on the BB besides the .edu//
    08-02-09 11:55 AM
    Set up a gmail account.
    Go to settings
    Go to accounts tab

hi
    thanks for the easy instructions.. i did as u said and set up the .edu mails to be forwarded to a gmail account..its working fine. but two things:

1. i have set the reply mails to be shown as going out from the account to which the mail was sent to, so if the mail was send to my .edu account, when i reply the replied mail shud show as going out from the .edu account, but that doesnt happen if i reply from my BB push mail (i have set the gmail to be pushed to my BB), its always shown as to be replied from the gmail account (although that doesnt happen if i have replied by opening the gmail account directly in a web browser).. how to rectify this problem?

2. i want to bring all the older "send mail" and inbox mails from my .edu account to my gmail account, how do i do that? i never opened the .edu account with outlook or anything like that, always use browser, and i see "lotus domino web access IBM" on the corner of the browser..
    Last edited by admirer; 08-30-09 at 12:03 AM.
    08-26-09 09:32 PM
    where do your older emails live? In outlook? In another system's webmail?

If it is outlook, you will have to set up the gmail account for imap in outlook and then transfer the stuff over. Then you can either keep with outlook or disconnect it.
    08-27-09 08:50 AM
    Hi cavin thanks for d reply. I always open my edu mail using web browser, and the page shows lotus note written on corner.
    But question 1 is of more concern to me at present, could u or anyone answer that please?

08-27-09 10:44 AM
    Go into the BIS site and change the reply to address.
    08-27-09 12:57 PM
    Go into the BIS site and change the reply to address.
    i am with ATT.. but never used the BIS site u mentioned.. can you guide me lil more how to do that?
    08-27-09 04:55 PM
    Goto the email account in question
    Click Edit
    change ReplyTo
    Save

Done.
    08-27-09 05:07 PM
    Goto the email account in question
    Click Edit
    change ReplyTo
    Save

Done.
    Wow u r genius..... It worked, thanks a lot. I asked d same question in d blackberry forum n they told to send it by clicking forward which is a weird way. Now any idea about d question 2 ?
    Related to that question, I never used outlook to open d .edu account, always used firefox browser and i can see "lotus domino web access IBM" in d corner of the browser. Still can I transfer?
    Last edited by admirer; 08-30-09 at 12:00 AM.
    08-28-09 10:38 PM
    Hi cavin thanks for d reply. I always open my edu mail using web browser, and the page shows lotus note written on corner.
    But question 1 is of more concern to me at present, could u or anyone answer that please?

Go to your carrier's BIS site and change the Reply to Address and Email Acct Name for your proxy Gmail acct to your .edu acct address

08-29-09 05:12 AM
    please help with the question 2 in Post# 13...
    Last edited by admirer; 08-30-09 at 12:04 AM.
    08-30-09 12:01 AM
    I gave one answer for it in post 14. I am assuming your old account is IMAP. You will have to set up both the old account and new account in an email program like Outlook or Thunderbird and drag them over. You don't have to permanently use Outlook or Thunderbird. It will probably take about 10 to 20 minutes depending upon how many emails you are dealing with. (If you have a friend who uses Outlook, just do it in there Outlook and then delete the accounts.)
    08-30-09 07:57 AM
    ok cavin.. i will give that a try.. i saw microsoft outlook 2003 in my pc, i think i can use that thingy.. but can u tell or give me site with instructions about how to do this in a stepwise manner.. i never did this and dont want to mess up anything by experimenting myself..
    btw, thanks a lot for your time and help..!
    08-30-09 10:08 AM
    the new account wizard should walk you through it fairly easily. Just make sure to copy and not move. Just in case.
    08-30-09 07:50 PM
    Cavin, i somehow added the .edu account to the outlook, but what after that? how do i transfer all the old mails in the .edu account t my gmail account now? please help..
    08-31-09 11:37 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD