hey all, i decided to switch my 8900 and exchange it for a refurbished bold. has anyone had any problems with a refurbed bold? i am being given a 3 month warranty on it so if anything goes wrong they can exchange it, but just overall has anybody had any major issues? i could have gotten a new one for 200, or a refurb for 100....was told the refurb is just like new, and shouldnt have any issues. let me know! thanks ...
    08-12-09 12:47 PM
    No problems or whatsoever by now. Works great...
    08-12-09 01:20 PM
    Refurbs are great. You wont be able to tell the difference from a brand new one.
    08-12-09 01:22 PM
    Goodluck, personally I've always had terrible luck with refurbs. While others will tell you they prefer it. Basically its just one of those things you takes risks on.
    08-12-09 01:25 PM
    Take a new phone, open it, return it, employee checks it out = refurb.

Yeah there's a possibility that something broke and they repaired it (which also doesn't imply a problem). But you can have the same possibility of defect with a new unit + no one has looked at the new units recently at all.
    08-12-09 01:27 PM
    Mine was a refurb but if no one told me i would never know! I got it free from AT&T and no activation fee either, I think I got it in march of this year! I read these forums daily and I've never had the problems that some do, and i murdered it out also running .282 and it's the best!!!
    08-12-09 01:54 PM
    Great stuff to hear....thanks everyone- the funny thing is that i always have problems with NEW devices- seems like every time i upgrade and get a new phone, something goes wrong with it- usually not software (knock on wood) but usually the buttons or whatnot....im going to take the refurbed and save the 100 dollars...sounds like the best bet for me...8900s keys are starting to bother me a bit.
    08-12-09 01:56 PM
    Haven't happened with my bold, but my refurbed curve was better than the new one from the store! I wouldn't worry at all about it.
    08-12-09 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD