Can't believe you sharpie'd your bold
    01-05-09 08:17 PM
    Weren't there some green ones?? Or am I imagining things? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I remember the first pictures of the Javelin 8900 had green numbers
    01-05-09 09:54 PM
    I remember the first pictures of the Javelin 8900 had green numbers
    I can't remember if it was that one or the Bold.
    Someone posted a picture here and it had green numbers. I like the green ones.

I don't know?
    I haven't seen a picture of it. I've tried searching for it.

EDIT.
    So I decided to search here and I found it. x]

AND IT WAS A 8900
    Last edited by scribbs; 01-05-09 at 10:05 PM.
    01-05-09 09:57 PM
    got the red number cause im with rogers, o ya
    01-05-09 10:40 PM
    no problem

now that looks hotter than i thought it would...i haven't done it yet since i only have black markers at home...i might use blue instead and post some pix soon...
    not really sure what AT&T was thinking!!
    I tried a blue marker, but it was too dark. It lights up fine, but the keys look dull in normal lighting without the backlight.

If you look closely at my pic, you'll see the lower left shift key is slighty dull. I lick my thumb and rubbed it off shortly after I applied the blue marker because it looked bad.

The red is pretty hot looking though.
    01-06-09 07:42 AM
    I have an unlocked European bold and it has red numbers...just had a look at the AT&T Bold and the all white numbers dont look right to me.

Should be getting a Tmobile UK Bold soon so ill have to see if they have kept it red or white...hopefully will be red.
    01-06-09 08:22 AM
    The reason they are WHITE is AT&T Mobility thought the RED was too much like Verizon who uses the RED color in their AD's and logo. So they changed the keyboard at the last minute which was also a reason for a delay.

It is so stupid, but it's the truth... AT&T is so concerned with being separate and not confused with Verizon right now.
    01-06-09 08:47 AM
    Anyone know if I can still install these keys even if I have the invisible shield on?
    01-06-09 09:31 AM
    Thanks for the idea. I used a red sharpie. Only took 1 minute.

You coloured the @ button, but didnt colour the speakerphone button? I guess thats the difference between your Bold and a Rogers' Bold
    01-06-09 10:21 AM
    Yepp rogers or I believe anyone else bold is red numbers but att uses white numbers. Personally I could go either way. Da rwd makes da numbers more noticable but da white makes it a cleaner look.

01-06-09 10:58 AM
    The red number/speakerphone keys just seems to fit the phones' style so much better, I have the red keys and a red and black screensaver...
    01-06-09 11:42 AM
    Red is better. So are a black bezel and a black out carrier logo. And it really isn't that difficult to do.

Touche salesman.... But seriously, by doing these mods do you have to open up the lcd screen and have it open to dust and everything else? If so I dont wanna be bothered as this dust under the screen plagued my 8310 Curve...

ALSO
    Changing the trackball to the black one, does this mean it doesnt light up at all anymore do to it being solid black, or does it get outlined from the back light? Anyoen do this mod?
    Last edited by BlizzardCyclone; 01-06-09 at 01:46 PM.
    01-06-09 01:37 PM
    If you do it in a clean environment you will be fine. When I do my housing changes and such I do it in my den right next to a air purifier. lol. never had any issues.
    01-06-09 01:41 PM

Lol. That is the ghetto-ist mod I have seen for the Bold.
    01-06-09 01:44 PM

NICE!!! I'm going to try that!!
    01-06-09 04:01 PM
    I too would've preferred the red number keys... Oh well, still works. And there is NO WAY I'll ever take a Sharpie to my Bold. That's blastphemy...
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 01-06-09 at 04:20 PM. Reason: -Needed an extra ingredient...
    01-06-09 04:18 PM
    it may say "PERMANENT" on the sharpie, but in no way is it harmful to the outer coat... quite sure the red will go away after some time... plus, we're not all ready to spend 10 bucks plus shipping and sacrifice an additional disassembly of the bold just to get the red keys...
    why not take the easy way =)
    01-06-09 08:45 PM
    Ya. I just plopped down 45 bucks to change the housing to all black. I am pretty confident in taking it apart. Using a sharpie is just awful.

01-06-09 09:30 PM
    I keep hearing about this atomic trackball but I have no idea what it is. Google keeps coming up installation vids.
    01-07-09 03:51 PM
    whats a atomic trackball?
    01-07-09 03:56 PM
    Using a sharpie is just awful.
    I won't even tell you all what I did with my exacto knife! LOL
    01-07-09 04:03 PM
    Those new smart cases with the laser cut keyboards have red numbers (at least the white one does) so you could easily pretend :P

01-07-09 04:10 PM
    Anyone know if I can still install these keys even if I have the invisible shield on?
    I have invisible shields on mine, but if you have the full invisible shield kit and are very careful you can transplant the button shield covers to the new keyboards button covers.

If you need red keyboards I have (2) spare units to sell.
    01-10-09 09:34 PM
    I see a lot of people from at&t get an unlocked rogers branded bold and use it on at&t. I heard at&t locks a lot of things and arnt able to use some features$

I've seen that too. I think the only difference is AT&T will not allow you to switch the network settings from 3G to 2G. And I didn't even notice the red number keypad until now. My brother came up from NY for a visit and he had his AT&T Bold and I didn't even notice it. I like the red number keypad because it makes it easier to distinguish where the numbers are.
    01-10-09 11:37 PM
    I can't remember if it was that one or the Bold.
    Someone posted a picture here and it had green numbers. I like the green ones.

I don't know?
    I haven't seen a picture of it. I've tried searching for it.

EDIT.
    So I decided to search here and I found it. x]

AND IT WAS A 8900
    I REALLY like that!!!!!! anyone know if I can get my bold those colors?!

Joseph.
    06-24-09 11:38 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD