I would like record sound from one music source onto my bold.

For example, when i hear a song i like on the radio, i would like to plug an audio cable into the radio and then into the bold, and have the bold record that.

I have the male-male 3.5 mm audio cable but the bold will not record whats coming through.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ken
    07-09-09 03:51 PM
    Use Voice Notes under Media.
    07-09-09 03:55 PM
    Sounds like you want to use it like a DVR. Can't do it the way you want, unless there's some wicked awesome 3rd party app that allows it.

bt has the right idea.
    07-09-09 03:57 PM
    Use Voice Notes under Media.
    The problem is the bbb recognizes the audio cable as a headset, not a microphone.
    07-09-09 04:10 PM
    For example, when i hear a song i like on the radio, i would like to plug an audio cable into the radio and then into the bold, and have the bold record that.
    Why not use shazam to identify the song while in the car, then when you get home download the song on your computer and transfer it over?
    07-09-09 04:12 PM
    That's why you use the mic.
    07-09-09 04:12 PM
    The problem is the bbb recognizes the audio cable as a headset, not a microphone.
    That's because the BB 3.5 MM jack is a triple contact jack, not a double which is probably what you are plugging into it. The BB jack has triple contacts for the stereo speakers and the mono microphone. If you plug a standard 3.5 jack into it, it will only be recognized as a headset as the standard jack will match up with the contacts for the speakers, not the mic. Even if you were able to match up to the mic, it would only be mono not stereo.
    07-09-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD