So I recently switched from the iPhone(original) because I cracked the screen, and I decided to give a big middle finger to Apple because of what I consider to be a shoddy "upgrade" of the 3G(Who needs a compass!?).

Anyways, I love my new Bold, mainly because I don't feel like a 13 year old girl carrying around my phone anymore.

But I do have a few gripes, that I wonder if some of you could shed some light on. Do any of you know if there is going to an upgrade to the blackberry facebook app? Honestly I feel like everyone on here uses this app probably more than other apps, and I was wondering if a new version is in the works. This version is absolutely insufferable. You can't view someones info!? 9% refreshing friends....

Also, when I am connected to Wifi, and I switch to the hotspot browser, nothing at all seems to be faster? It literally still loads pages at the exact same rate as when I am on 3G. This doesn't make any sense to me. Help?
    08-16-09 09:03 PM
    BB Facebook 1.6 is the latest version that I know of: BlackBerry Facebook 1.6 Is More Like Real Facebook - Facebook For BlackBerry - Gizmodo

I'm not sure about why you are receiving slow speeds on your BB Bold while using a WiFi connection. I know WiFi on my Bold is faster than 3G.
    08-16-09 09:13 PM
    1.6 is definitely what I am running, and I still find it terrible. The fact that there is no "info" option is mind boggling. Also not being able to view events once you have accepted..
    08-16-09 09:17 PM
    I switched from an iPhone to a BB Tour - not because I don't like the iPhone (I love it) but because I HATE the service I get with AT&T. And to add insult to injury, through a contract with Verizon, the building where I work has amplifiers for VZW, but the AT&T signal is nearly non-existent.

Additionally, my workplace is seriously dragging their feet on iPhone email support but they do have Blackberry support (added less than 6 months ago).

So, I switched over to the BB. It's no iPhone, but I'm satisfied.

As for Facebook, I think a new version is coming soon. Read that somewhere.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 09:33 PM
    I don't use facebook, twitter, or any of that. I am an IT guy by day and normal human by night, so I cannot help with those. ;-)

I have seen times on my bold that if I leave the mobile network on the browser will not necessarily use wifi even if I tell it to. Sometimes I have to turn off the mobile network to force the wifi use.

Lately I switched to Opera mini and set it to wifi and it is very fast, much faster than 3G.

08-16-09 09:41 PM
    I thought I was crazy but then I grabbed my wife and we both had a good laugh together. I just love the comment about how the iPhone made you feel like a "13 year old girl" but your complaint was you didnt like the face book app. I think maybe you should go back to the iPhone and let the grown ups use blackberrys for purposes that they were designed for. In any case we thank you for the laugh.

P.S. The only reason people like iPhones more then Blackberrys is they are just not smart enough to use a smart phone like any Blackberry.
    08-16-09 09:54 PM
    I would have to agree with Narcissist about some people not being smart enough to use a BlackBerry. I take pride when I tell people when they first get a BBerry that it is complex but once you get the hang of it after a few days you'll wonder how you ever lived with out a BBerry.

08-16-09 10:15 PM
    "P.S. The only reason people like iPhones more then Blackberrys is they are just not smart enough to use a smart phone like any Blackberry"

I use both. BB is good for battery life and email.
    Iphone is a great phone with ALOT more business apps and games. Internet is a lot better on it too.
    Comments like Narcissist made above are just stupid.
    If your smart enough on an iphone you can get all apps free, even the paid ones. I love my bold, onyx and my iphone. I just dont understand why people get so bent out of shape about their phone brand. If he likes the iphone great, if you like the blackberry then great, but calling someone dumb because they use an iphone sounds pretty dumb to me.
    08-16-09 11:35 PM
    I agree with DaMann, comments like those show that you are immature even though you claim to be an "adult"

I use both, switched from my 3G to a Bold and use the 3G as an ipod touch. The blackberry was numero uno for me since I run a company and needed it, the iphone is really nice and a ton of fun, you'll never get a facebook app as good as the iphones on any berry besides the storm maybe.....maybe.

As for the devices, In Japan they have phones that trump any berry and the iphone, you think a berry is a smart phone? There are phones that make the berry look dumb!

08-16-09 11:44 PM
    I run 3 businesses.
    I use the bold mainly for landscaping (sometimes the onyx but I'm too afraid to scratch it). Its a little easier to type and the battery life is awesome.
    I use the iphone for my ebay business because I cant find a good app like the iphone has. Id miss out on a ton of good deals without that app.
    And I run a cell phone repair company and thanks to alot of waterdamage and the stupid design of the trackball I make a killing fixing mostly blackberries. A few iphone screens but mostly blackberries.
    08-16-09 11:55 PM
    I agree with DaMann, comments like those show that you are immature even though you claim to be an "adult"

I use both, switched from my 3G to a Bold and use the 3G as an ipod touch. The blackberry was numero uno for me since I run a company and needed it, the iphone is really nice and a ton of fun, you'll never get a facebook app as good as the iphones on any berry besides the storm maybe.....maybe.

As for the devices, In Japan they have phones that trump any berry and the iphone, you think a berry is a smart phone? There are phones that make the berry look dumb!

Keep in mind the iphone and bold are aimed at different user groups too. Iphone is more multimedia orientated and the bold is directed more at the business market

08-17-09 12:10 AM
    Okay, before we get off topic.

Apps on the iphone are built better (IMHO) then the apps for the blackberry. I know that isn't true for all apps but at least this is the case for Facebook. The Facebook app for the iPhone is much more user friendly then the app for the Blackberry. Once you get used to the apps functions on the blackberry, it isn't half bad.

iPhone = Entertainment.
    Blackberry = Work horse.
    08-17-09 03:52 AM
    I have seen times on my bold that if I leave the mobile network on the browser will not necessarily use wifi even if I tell it to. Sometimes I have to turn off the mobile network to force the wifi use.
    I've noted this, too. Apparently, the phone doesn't fully let go of 3G and switches back and forth, even when it shows you are connected to and using wifi. Someone wrote about the details and/or why somewhere on here.
    08-17-09 07:44 AM
    Look guys, the last thing I wanted to incite on here is another "iPhone Vs. BB" Argument. I think it's been stated plenty of time the merit of having one over the other.

All I was wondering is if anyone knew if a new version of facebook was being worked on for BB, and how to make my WiFi feel like a real WiFi experience.
    08-17-09 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD