i have searched the forums and before i call att, maybe some one has the answer here.

over night my bb 9700 shut off. when i tried to turn it on, it didnt come on. so i did the battery pull. bb starts to reboot but got half way and went to a white screen. so i do another battery pull and it comes up white screen. another battery pull, starts to reboot and half way through it turns off completely. i am not getting an error message.

i have not upgraded my os, have not added anything new to it for over two or three weeks. bb was working great when i went to sleep.

any ideas?
    06-24-10 08:57 AM
    Hope you have a recent backup and have all your activation codes for your 3rd party apps.

Sounds like you need: BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry... this is really about the best way to get your device back up and running.
    06-24-10 09:00 AM
    thanks, havent backed up in a while. just hope i remember the apps i had. just did another battery pull and now i have a white
    06-24-10 09:08 AM
    Backing up your device is a good habit to get into... and I like keeping a spreadsheet of apps and their activation codes... you can also use BBSAK to backup your 3rd Party App, otherwise there is a procedure using Desktop Manager to backup your apps in my signature below which is also a good thing to get in the habit of doing.
    06-24-10 09:15 AM
    i normally back up my device every two weeks just had a lot going on and havent had time. will lose a couple of themes and games maybe emails but i still a copy of those. hope i can get done while it is slow at work.
    06-24-10 09:29 AM
    ok so i plug the phn up and guess what it reboots. what in the world. i didnt think my battery was dead i had a full battery last night. but i am going to back up my third party apps and the phn.
    06-24-10 10:53 AM
    ok so i plug the phn up and guess what it reboots. what in the world. i didnt think my battery was dead i had a full battery last night. but i am going to back up my third party apps and the phn.
    Another recommendation is to know what is running on your device, either before bed or for me it's anytime. Hold down the Menu button for a second or two... the App Switcher will show up... scroll left and right... there should be 5, and maybe 6 apps running in the background: Browser, Home, Messenger, Messages, Call Log, and possibly Visual Voice Mail... but any other apps that show up on that list are not being closed properly and are running in the background.

And killing one of these batteries can damage it... the more times you do that the more damage you do to it... and the shorter the life span of that battery.
    06-24-10 11:08 AM
    i normally do. thanks for your help. i am now searching for my folder with my pin and i cant find it anywhere. thanks again
    06-24-10 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD