I've had my AT&T Bold for a little over 4 months now and have used all the latest leaked ROMs (excluding the 5.0 betas). I settled with .266 about a month ago or so and have always had pretty long reboot times (averaging about 5-6 minutes). I haven't done too much lately to my Blackberry but suddenly the last few days I noticed that when I did a battery pull, it seemed to be taking much less time than before. I decided to time it today and it clocked in at 2 minutes and 10 seconds each time!
    I'm glad to have such a short startup time, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what the cause could be. I still have about the same amount of memory (30MB), and I haven't uninstalled anything lately. Is it an AT&T thing, or just plain good luck?
    06-01-09 10:11 AM
    Probably just luck. Many people here have boot times at 4 minutes or more. I'm on my second Bold. My first one and now this one both boot up in just under 2 minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 10:14 AM
    Did you happen to turn off memory cleaning? I found that turning that off reduced my boot times to about what you are describing.

06-01-09 12:34 PM
    Did you happen to turn off memory cleaning? I found that turning that off reduced my boot times to about what you are describing.

Now that you mention it, I did! I'll turn it back on and test it again later on to see if that definitely is it. Thanks!
    06-01-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD