My reboot time just increased significantly.
    I installed Worldmate Live from the App Store, then decided it wasn't for me, so I uninstalled. It asked to do a reboot. I did. It took ages at the white screen with clock. AGES. In fact I did a ctl/shift/del to reboot again whilst it was going and it just did the same thing. Now it's just very slow to boot. Before it was a min tops.

What's happened.

I'm using 4.6.0.282.
    08-07-09 05:29 PM
    Did you mess with memory cleaning settings at all?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 05:59 PM
    Did you mess with memory cleaning settings at all?

Haven't touched anything in that area...
    It's very odd. Also seems sluggish for longer after it's booted.
    08-07-09 06:28 PM
    I noticed it boots longer after I enabled memory cleaning.

08-07-09 06:53 PM
    try uninstalling worldmate and see if it is faster. If it is, I think you've found your problem
    08-07-09 07:01 PM
    try uninstalling worldmate and see if it is faster. If it is, I think you've found your problem
    The problem started after I uninstalled Worldmate....it's not there any more. I used it for two minutes, decided all the features I wanted I had to pay for, and deleted.

Or at least that's what I thought, I just checked and it is STILL there, despite me having gone through an uninstall process. WTF! It's in my downloads file as an icon with an odd green arrow on it (it wants me to restore it...did it save some data on my phone when I deleted? I can't get rid of the blasted thing), but it's not in the applications list in options/advanced/applications...

Edit: again, the arrow represents archiving, via BB App World. I have deleted it via App World. Doing a reboot now to see if it is any faster without the archive...it isn't. STUPID APP.
    Last edited by flamingkitties; 08-08-09 at 03:40 AM.
    08-08-09 03:24 AM
    If you uninstalled Worldmate it should go back to normal booting eventually. I would do a boot and leave the batt out for a few minutes then try again.
    08-08-09 07:48 AM
    If you uninstalled Worldmate it should go back to normal booting eventually. I would do a boot and leave the batt out for a few minutes then try again.
    The battery pull hasn't really made a difference.
    I suppose it will settle down again eventually. Or the next OS upgrade.
    08-08-09 08:00 AM
    if its not too big of a deal, backup your stuff and reinstal any OS you like
    08-08-09 11:27 AM
    if its not too big of a deal, backup your stuff and reinstal any OS you like
    I'll probably just wait for the next leak or official. I only really reboot the thing on install or every three days. It's not too much of a problem, a minor inconvenience.
    08-08-09 11:31 AM
    Go back into the App store and delete it from that web site. I had the same problem with another free program: I think the problem stems from the App Store archiving the program. Deleting it from the apps store cleans it out completely.

The BB App Software was updated yesterday. You might want to uninstall BB App Software and re-install the new version.

Good luck.
    08-08-09 11:36 AM
    Go back into the App store and delete it from that web site. I had the same problem with another free program: I think the problem stems from the App Store archiving the program. Deleting it from the apps store cleans it out completely.

The BB App Software was updated yesterday. You might want to uninstall BB App Software and re-install the new version.

Good luck.
    I did that, I deleted it from there, it didn't make a difference.
    I downloaded Worldmate from the latest version of App Store, the one that came out yesterday, in fact I probably upgraded it just before I downloaded Worldmate....it could be App Store that's caused the problem. Perhaps I should downgrade that.
    08-08-09 11:38 AM
    reboot times will increase as you load media and such
    08-08-09 11:55 AM
    My 8900 takes about 3-4 minutes to reboot. It bothers me too...i dont really know what it could be. I do have Worldmate, but it was doing it before that. Im going to do some research and see what i come up with
    08-19-09 10:39 AM
    ive noticed that my bold also is starting to take a while to boot up
    08-19-09 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD