07-26-11 11:41 AM
74 123
tools
    I'm just curious as to what SMS meassages are so important that you would need a recovery service to try and get them??? Nuclear launch codes?

Who would you blame for losing your blackberry? RIM? I mean they shouldnt have sold you a phone that could be lost... Right?
    01-22-11 05:27 PM
    Leaving blackberry because you lost SMS messages?! I wouldn't do that, ever. All you need to do is back them up using desktop manager and if it's a problem, maybe try reloading the device software using apploader, or BBSAK.. Another thread like the 30 I saw. You'll be back. We could help you solve the problem if only you asked for help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 04:14 AM
    All the blackberry fanboys need to get a clue. The OP is 100% correct. The feature that RIM builds into their OS to automatically without any acceptible warning delete "old" text messages and calendar entries is complete crap. Yes, he should have a back up for important information but that is not an excuse for poor software design.

01-23-11 08:19 AM
    And poor software design is not an excuse for NOT backing up truly sensitive information or data.

01-23-11 08:29 AM
    I really don't get why people feel the need to start a thread that they're leaving BB. Do you expect random people on an internet forum to beg you to stay or is this that you just wanted to vent/complain about your device (when it sounds like you had back up options but were too lazy to use them)?

Move along...good luck with those important texts and your next device.
    I really don't get why people feel the need to reply to a thread that they're leaving BB. Do you expect random people on an internet forum to co-sign your ***** argument or is this that you just wanted to vent/complain about a thread (when it sounds like all you had to do was choose not to even click on this thread)?

Move along...good luck with being an A$$ when you could have just ignored it.
    01-23-11 08:32 AM
    And poor software design is not an excuse for NOT backing up truly sensitive information or data.

^^THIS^^ is important. I know BB vs other platform threads get hit with other platform users allot, but why don't the forum tools notify people when new replies are sent especially with the Instant Noitification for e-mail is enabled?

01-23-11 09:15 AM
    Lemme guess... The OP probably doesn't backup sensitive data on their pc either. Then when their hard drive crashes and they loose everything, it'll be Microsoft's fault. Come on... When are we going to go back to taking responsibility for our own actions, or in-actions? It's not always someone else's fault.

01-23-11 10:14 AM
    Lemme guess... The OP probably doesn't backup sensitive data on their pc either. Then when their hard drive crashes and they loose everything, it'll be Microsoft's fault. Come on... When are we going to go back to taking responsibility for our own actions, or in-actions? It's not always someone else's fault.

+100 Truth.

I've been saying this forever. There is VERY little accountability in ANYTHING anymore. Its sad...no, its pathetic.

01-23-11 10:31 AM
    if its not crucial evidence for a sexual child molester or direct allegations for a snitch in a big corporation; i dont think your text messages were THAT important.
    I mean come on, sure, you get bubbly text messages from your girlfriend, its nothing to really cry about.
    Text messages are suppose to come and go, if youre really gonna waste your time scrolling through 3 months of text for it, you need to back it up and view it on your computer. Blackberry has an aura of professionalism, and being nostalgic is not a worthy aspect of leaving blackberry. Just my thought, no trollin,
    cheers.
    01-23-11 12:50 PM
    You only have yourself to blame… au revoir
    01-23-11 01:55 PM
    I read all about what my OS did before I even got my device, so I started backing up its data at least every week since I got it. I don't think I'll be able to leave RIM, even if something like what happened to the OP (which was their own fault for being nave) happened to me.

01-23-11 02:31 PM
    Nobody cares that ur leaving blackberry lol. Your switching a mobile phone....your not leaving for another planet.
    01-23-11 04:16 PM
    IMHO the average IQ of all BB users will increase with this guy switching over. Sorry but if something is that important u shud know how to back up.

BayouBengal21 likes this.
    01-23-11 06:15 PM
    I'm not going to comment on your texts because I don't know what they were about & obviously they were really important to you & I'm kind of sorry to hear that you lost them, that does suck. When I get a new phone I read all I can about it, usually before I even get it so I knew when I got my first Blackberry I knew that you have the option to keep message from anywhere from 15 days to forever. I have mine set for 15 days because to me they're just text messages but if something's really important I SAVE it & I use DM to back everything up about every 2 weeks anyway. Good luck with that new phone & here's an idea, you might want to read the book that comes with it, wouldn't want a repeat of this fiasco.
    howarmat likes this.
    01-23-11 06:42 PM
    #1 Rule and Precaution: ALWAYS BACKUP EVERYTHING

01-23-11 06:51 PM
    I thought Asians were supposed to be smart? lol

All the Asian people I know just disowned this guy from their culture.
    01-23-11 08:01 PM
    You didn't need to go there, Chris.
    01-23-11 08:06 PM
    I thought Asians were supposed to be smart? lol

All the Asian people I know just disowned this guy from their culture.
    Nah... you got it all wrong, they're just mathematically inclined.
    01-23-11 09:31 PM
    Although I agree with everyone about backing up important stuff, I also think that some kind of low memory warning would be nice to have before it starts deleting important content.

01-23-11 09:42 PM
    I really don't get why people feel the need to reply to a thread that they're leaving BB. Do you expect random people on an internet forum to co-sign your ***** argument or is this that you just wanted to vent/complain about a thread (when it sounds like all you had to do was choose not to even click on this thread)?

Why did you reply to his post then?
    01-23-11 10:13 PM
    Someone needs to tell RIM they need to create a, "I'm attached to a girl who doesn't really like me but her text messages are the only thing I use to value myself so they better not delete them on me." application.
    01-23-11 10:14 PM
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL! These post get better and better! The next one is "im leaving blackberry for android because my toilet paper chapped my **** and its RIM's fault. I love getting my daily chuckle from you idiots. Get real, if they are important enough to "cry" over then either A)get a life or B) BACK THEM UP! Good luck with your android and its delete proof feature lol.
    01-23-11 10:27 PM
    I'm just curious as to what SMS meassages are so important that you would need a recovery service to try and get them??? Nuclear launch codes?

Who would you blame for losing your blackberry? RIM? I mean they shouldnt have sold you a phone that could be lost... Right?
    Some personal messages are more important than nuclear launch codes. <3

As for backing up data, I know that the people who ACTUALLY do this are rare and talented individuals. My brother services numerous businesses and they all say their data is important - after the hard drive crashed - and they almost never have a backup. Actually, they never have a backup. Fortune 500 companies with IT depts will have backups.
    01-23-11 10:32 PM
    I think my favourite thing about this thread were the great avatars!
    01-23-11 10:41 PM

Ever wanted to know what a d-bag sounds like... ^^^

There's something very fitting to be said here. Hmm... how does that saying go? Something about drinking Nyquil maybe? A dose of some kind of medicine. Hmm...
    01-23-11 10:55 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD