Would one of you fanboys kindly point me to the location in the manual that states "if your leaking blackberry OS runs out of memory your calendar entries and texts will get deleted".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 11:12 PM
    Blackberrys will be the Palm of 2015.

RIM will be bought out and dissolved.

Watch.

01-24-11 12:24 AM
    I have iPhone 4 and Blackberry 9000 and I missed BBM so much , I will cancel my Internet on my iPhone and put the BIS back !

Blackberry + iPod or iPad .. perfect combination
    01-24-11 12:30 AM
    It's not too hard for even an 8 year old to back up data. RIM supplies a read-only memory compact disc with the 9700 with something on it called "Desktop Manager".

01-24-11 05:06 AM
    Would one of you fanboys kindly point me to the location in the manual that states "if your leaking blackberry OS runs out of memory your calendar entries and texts will get deleted".

You'll have to explain how this has any validity whatsoever, or alleviates someone from doing the due diligence of backing up one's device, which is recommended by everyone that has ever done anything with computers.
    01-24-11 11:38 AM
    Please make sure you create a "reason why I'm returning to BlackBerry" thread when you come back. This is the same classic case of a phone not doing what the user wants it to do. I think I'm gonna create a build-a-phone franchise so each individual can create their own personalized phone. And after 8 - 10 years of building a phone that looks like a plastic turkey sandwich, they'll be happy to have the devices currently on the market.
    01-24-11 09:04 PM
    Theres the "Blackberry Protect" app from RIM that backs up info. Too little too late I guess. Good luck with your Android.
    01-24-11 09:38 PM
    Blackberrys will be the Palm of 2015.

RIM will be bought out and dissolved.

Watch.
    And all you people thought I was a troll when making my predictions.

LOL
    07-08-11 11:43 AM
    And all you people thought I was a troll when making my predictions.

LOL
    Your posts dictate you are nothing but a troll.

troll

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument
    Urban Dictionary: troll
    07-08-11 12:09 PM
    Your posts dictate you are nothing but a troll.

troll

Urban Dictionary: troll
    if lazerus is a troll, why do you feed it ???
    07-08-11 12:15 PM
    @Sloughing: It's in the options, "save messages for 30days"

@aznrice: backup to .ipd and read with magicberry
    07-08-11 06:52 PM
    i leaved my bb, cause it was broken, and i get a Nokia.
    07-08-11 08:53 PM
    Some personal messages are more important than nuclear launch codes. <3
    Wait, are you being sarcastic or are you really that much of a ******?

OP, get a life... and a brain.

07-09-11 05:11 AM
    You guys probably thinks I'm leaving blackberry because of so called "outdated" hardware when you read the title. But no. I love blackberry, it does not have those fancy useless features like iphone, and gets the job done straight to the point. However today, I just lost my text messages, they were really important and critical to me, I tried to search for the solution but from what I can find, they are gone forever. I could not forgive myself but also this blackberry. I can't believe RIM decides they could let their product delete texts because memory is full, and have the setting for keep messages for 30 days as default. This is just unacceptable. Yes I am crying about it and really don't care about what you blackberry diehards have to say. All I know is that I lost something that I can never get back. Yes they are only text messages but u won't know how much they are important to me. And no I don't back up my phone everyday. I would rather have my important documents saved rather than having the best keyboard, os but them text messages gets lost. So goodbye blackberry, I am getting an android

Wow, yes blame everything else for you not taking the responsibility to backup your own "important stuff". If they were that important to you, you would have search for a way to save/back them up. I hate where there this country is headed, ugh.
    07-09-11 05:47 AM
    Well, It's really sad to see that someone is gonna quit using the BlackBerry. But once your mind is made up, it would not reason to any logic. Still for everyone else who cares to read my post. Memory is something that is limited in ALL devices, and if you
    1) Download and cramp your phone with everything you lay your hands across
    2) Care not to backup your important data
    Things like this would happen.
    07-09-11 07:10 AM
    I think its sad that RIM has the lost war for market share.

One only has to look at the Top 20 apps on AppWorld. The same useless garbage applications.

RIM will be bought out within 2 years once ATT snags more iPhone and Android customers after the TMO acquisition comes into fruition.

I will however buy a 9900 because I just cannot make the jump to a touch screen kb, probably ever.

Apple won. Android will further trounce RIM into submission.

My predictions always come true.

It aint a troll, its da troof.

Undisputed. The numbers don't lie.

07-09-11 11:40 AM
    Oh yea cause I'm sure no ipod or android has inexplicably crashed and the user lost everything. Its very easy to blame someone else and not admit any responsibility. Just like PC's you always run the risk of loosing your data either through hardware/software failiure or user error...which is why you should ALWAYS BACKUP.
    07-09-11 08:10 PM
    Months later and most of you still don't have a clue... The personal choice to make backups is not the issue. The poor OS design that will delete calendar entries and texts with no warning when memory is low is the problem. This happens regardless of any 30 day or delete after X setting. It's much less of an issue in newer phones with a reasonable amount of memory but can still be a problem.

07-10-11 12:23 AM
    In all the time I had my 9700, nothing ever deleted itself from my device...and I kept a ridiculous amount of messages, texts, and calendar entries. The only time anything deleted was when I told it to.

07-10-11 12:26 AM
    Yep I have lost important messages too on many phones whaat can you do.

07-10-11 01:12 AM
    Months later and most of you still don't have a clue... The personal choice to make backups is not the issue. The poor OS design that will delete calendar entries and texts with no warning when memory is low is the problem. This happens regardless of any 30 day or delete after X setting. It's much less of an issue in newer phones with a reasonable amount of memory but can still be a problem.

I think they do understand, they just disagree. iPhone's crash, palm's crash, iPod's crash, computer's crash... it happens. 4 years of owning blackberries and I've never had anything delete itself... ever. I'm more concerned with my phone getting lost or stolen then anything else, or me dropping it hard and it breaking. Just be happy all your devices are designed so you can very easily make a complete backup of everything.
    07-11-11 01:22 PM
    *ZzZzZzZzZzZz* Another person who doesnt take accountability and blames everyone and/or everything for their problems.

07-25-11 02:44 PM
    To be fair, if u had backed them up or marked them as 'saved' you wouldnt have lost them.

Your own fault.

07-25-11 04:58 PM
    I agree with this. While he obviously should have backed up these critical SMS messages (as with any important data), just because RIM does it one way doesn't mean it's not a design flaw, or that there isn't a better way to do it.

Arguments pointing out that "it's just doing what's it's programmed to do" are completely missing the point. The point is the any device should notify the user when personal data is going to be permanently deleted and, ideally, give them options. I'm sure this is not isolated to BlackBerry. In my opinion there are too many posts here that are of the creed that if BlackBerry does it, it's the right way to do it. This isn't true in any case, for any company.

It reminds me of the people defending the "battery too low for radio use" functionality. You couldn't even plug in your phone and have it work right away -- you needed to wait for the battery to charge! BlackBerry was alone in doing this, and frankly wrong. And they've since changed their tune.

I wish more people here would think with their own head, to question and be critical of decisions made by BlackBerry. Blindly accepting the status quo makes sheep of people.
    07-26-11 11:41 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD