You guys probably thinks I'm leaving blackberry because of so called "outdated" hardware when you read the title. But no. I love blackberry, it does not have those fancy useless features like iphone, and gets the job done straight to the point. However today, I just lost my text messages, they were really important and critical to me, I tried to search for the solution but from what I can find, they are gone forever. I could not forgive myself but also this blackberry. I can't believe RIM decides they could let their product delete texts because memory is full, and have the setting for keep messages for 30 days as default. This is just unacceptable. Yes I am crying about it and really don't care about what you blackberry diehards have to say. All I know is that I lost something that I can never get back. Yes they are only text messages but u won't know how much they are important to me. And no I don't back up my phone everyday. I would rather have my important documents saved rather than having the best keyboard, os but them text messages gets lost. So goodbye blackberry, I am getting an android

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 07:44 PM
    Buh bye...
    *yawn*

01-21-11 07:49 PM
    Why didn't you get back it up?

01-21-11 07:50 PM
    Were they evidence or something?
    01-21-11 07:54 PM
    Important documents such as text messages should not be kept on the device for this specific reason, regardless of the device or platform. If you have important information, copy and paste it in an email, or in a memo, and either send it to yourself, or back the device up.

Letting your devices memory fill up with text messages is a good way to have them deleted. Once the phone runs out of memory, which it did in your case, it starts deleting non important items, like old emails and SMS.

If it is important enough to want to save, you need to save it.
    01-21-11 07:54 PM
    Everyone has theyre reasons.. honestly i left my bb because i was bored of it.. u can only do so much customazation till your bb is tapped out.. but the text msg thing is your own fault. Not the device. It was doing what it was programmed to do, and if these txts meant so much u would have backed them up.

01-21-11 08:03 PM
    au revoir
    01-21-11 08:09 PM
    I normally back them up every week to a month. Like u said I should have saved them in my email but I wanted them to show on my phone as memory. It is partially my fault for not doing this and know about memory full issue before hand. I thought they would be kept on my phone forever. It is too late for me to say **** you RIM, time will not go back. I'm gonna try to call one of those data recovery companies and hope they can get my texts back. I really don't care about the costs but its getting me worried because I think it will be hard to get direct access to the ram in blackberry.

01-21-11 08:11 PM
    I don't get it, you lost ALL your txts or just old ones that the phone deletes after 30 days?

01-21-11 08:18 PM
    You've got nobody but yourself to blame. If they were important you should've forwarded them to your email, saved them to your sim, and saved them to your device. On top of that you should've known better than to let your messages built up to the point that they'd auto delete. Take some responsibility for your own mistakes.
    01-21-11 09:01 PM
    I don't get it, you lost ALL your txts or just old ones that the phone deletes after 30 days?

My thoughts exactly

01-21-11 09:06 PM
    Sorry about your deleted texts but I don't think you're being very realistic with your expectations. A Blackberry's device memory isn't limitless and besides, you will have the same problem with ANY phone platform you use, so long as you choose not to save your text messages using the aforementioned methods.

01-21-11 09:23 PM
    next time save or do a backup once a week or every other day besides i dont think n e one care your leaving
    01-21-11 09:25 PM
    sayonara....
    01-21-11 09:45 PM
    Lmao.....then why post we don't care! I've had four devices and never happened to me and I think that's why you have a desktop manager anywho see ya wouldn't want to be ya!

01-21-11 09:58 PM
    Typical... Blaming RIM for your own short comings. People need to wake up and start using that thing we all know as a brain more often.

01-21-11 10:00 PM
    Wow, this is by far one of the dumber reasons I have read about leaving BB....I mean you blame a device that does/did delete messages to free up space.

Should have learned more about your bb homes...that and if those so called important messages were just that "important", then should always back up your device.

That and pay more attention to your memory...not that hard...

01-22-11 10:24 AM
    OP, you do know that sometimes some android os upgrades cause EVERYTHING to be erased? I have a couple of friends with the devices who have lost everything stored in there phones. Sometimes, **** happens.

Oh, and you can opt to keep your messages forever. So, it isn't really the phone's fault. As far as low memory goes, I mean, if you want to keep everything in life on your device have at it...but make a backup.

But I mean, it's whatever at this point. You want a new phone, have at it. Any reason to get a good phone is a good reason I guess. You only have to convince yourself, not us.

01-22-11 11:26 AM
    Blackberries do have the option to save important text msg... View the text msg you want.. Hit the bb menu button and choose "save message"

@OP: How is it that you don't even know this? Any phone has that option..

Classic case of a blaming someone else... We all know who's at fault here

Grow up!

01-22-11 12:40 PM
    Honestly... As a fellow asian (seeing the OPs nick)

I for one am shocked... I guess the OP is just... "Special"

01-22-11 12:50 PM
    What was so "Important" about your texts that you would "Pay" to have them recovered?

This is a rather weird post I must say......
    01-22-11 01:50 PM
    I really don't get why people feel the need to start a thread that they're leaving BB. Do you expect random people on an internet forum to beg you to stay or is this that you just wanted to vent/complain about your device (when it sounds like you had back up options but were too lazy to use them)?

Move along...good luck with those important texts and your next device.
    01-22-11 01:57 PM
    There is a option to select specific messages and SAVE them. I really see no reason why this thread was created when the OP does not know how to use a BB...
    01-22-11 02:04 PM
    I have an iphone (company phone) and blackberry bold 9700 for personal, tbh iphones are toys! i prefer my blackberry with bbm! Your an ***** for not backing up your blackberry! I wished my company phone was the torch

So goodbye you traitor ha ha
    01-22-11 02:35 PM
    You're blaming the phone for not reading your mind?

On every device there are settings that need to be adjusted to your own liking, so it's only your fault. You're never going to be happy with any device if stuff like this causes such a breakdown.

01-22-11 03:34 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD