Alright so I currently own an 8330 and its time for an upgrade. I'm in one of the few towns that still carries Alltel, and its horrible. So i want to switch to sprint and get the 9650. I'm still in high school so don't call me spoiled cause i have payed for all my phones with my own money, I've been saving for a while and i basically want to know of this phone is worth blowing all this saved money on. So please can i have some good advice
    06-15-10 10:48 PM
    Go to the store and see if it will work for you....

What works for many may not be best for what you want.

But you can also try it, if you don't like it after so many days.... take it back and get something else...

One thing to remember is not all consumers are a like. I may like something but the next 40 people will hate it...
    06-15-10 11:01 PM
    I'd go for it!
    06-15-10 11:47 PM
    Hi SNO-Blue.

I got a 8330 the first week it was available and absolutely loved it. I loved the trackball, it always worked perfectly for me and I loved the keys, using my thumbnails to peck away at blistering speeds.

I got a 9560 last week on-line using the BOGO deal to score two if them for 99.00.

I can tell you the trackpad and keyboard are definitely adjustments, but they are positive adjustments.

You will not believe how much better the screen looks, that alone is worth the upgrade.

They keyboard takes some adjusting to but I'm already very close to my same typing speed.

The OS 5 has some nice new features, even though I was running 5 on my 8330 quite a few things are different. Remember soon we will be getting OS6 for this phone, and the 8330 will not be able to keep up.

The GPS works great, and it NEVER worked on my 8330 unless I enabled Verizon Navigator. Also, the overall look and build quality of this phone is higher than the 8330.

The sound quality of the phone itself is better than my 8330 and the speakerphone is louder and clearer.

I'm confident you will really love your new 9650 and in about a week you would not even consider going back.
    06-16-10 07:18 AM
    Hi SNO-Blue.

I got a 8330 the first week it was available and absolutely loved it. I loved the trackball, it always worked perfectly for me and I loved the keys, using my thumbnails to peck away at blistering speeds.

I got a 9560 last week on-line using the BOGO deal to score two if them for 99.00.

I can tell you the trackpad and keyboard are definitely adjustments, but they are positive adjustments.

You will not believe how much better the screen looks, that alone is worth the upgrade.

They keyboard takes some adjusting to but I'm already very close to my same typing speed.

The OS 5 has some nice new features, even though I was running 5 on my 8330 quite a few things are different. Remember soon we will be getting OS6 for this phone, and the 8330 will not be able to keep up.

The GPS works great, and it NEVER worked on my 8330 unless I enabled Verizon Navigator. Also, the overall look and build quality of this phone is higher than the 8330.

The sound quality of the phone itself is better than my 8330 and the speakerphone is louder and clearer.

I'm confident you will really love your new 9650 and in about a week you would not even consider going back.
    Hey thanks for that man, now I'm sure its definitely worth it!

I've already used the track pad and i loved it so that shouldn't be a problem.
    06-16-10 02:27 PM
    Oh and more stuff.

The backlit keyboard is MUCH brighter than your 8330, you will like that.

The Visual Voice mail is fantastic, but you have to pay for it, and I have to manually ask for the latest messages.

The WiFi is nice when downloading new applications to install.

This phone uses a different USB micro than your 8330, so you will need a new car charger, and so forth. Take a look on Amazon for all that stuff, it is MUCH cheaper than anywhere else I have found.
    06-16-10 05:02 PM
    Oh and more stuff.

The backlit keyboard is MUCH brighter than your 8330, you will like that.

The Visual Voice mail is fantastic, but you have to pay for it, and I have to manually ask for the latest messages.

The WiFi is nice when downloading new applications to install.

This phone uses a different USB micro than your 8330, so you will need a new car charger, and so forth. Take a look on Amazon for all that stuff, it is MUCH cheaper than anywhere else I have found.
    Man this is really sounding good! I can't wait till Saturday. Thanks everybody
    06-18-10 01:08 AM
    I've had a 8330, 9630, and now the 9650 and I am so much happier with the 9650! I highly recommend it. You won't be disappointed in my opinion. Let me know if you have any questions or need anything.
    06-18-10 01:26 AM
    I currently have the storm 2 i ordered my bold but I'm just hesitant to open it. Id played with it in the store a little bit but it doesnt seem to be any different from the tour. I had a tour but had to return it cus it had a bad trackball and a loose battery cover. Hows the battery cover on the bold. some people report it being loose on this model.
    06-18-10 01:37 AM
    I can't speak for anyone else but myself but the two Bolds that my wife and I have don't have any problems with the battery door. The whole phone though is pretty awesome, I wouldn't let a thing like the possibility of a door being loose stop you from getting it, besides if you are that worried I am sure if you open it and it isn't right that you can exchange it for one that is up to you specifications
    06-18-10 01:48 AM
    yeah your right. On my tour the battery cover actually came off a couple of times coming out of my holster. i made sure it was securely on but it came off. Other than that it seemed to be a good phone. thanks man i might give it a go.
    06-18-10 01:55 AM
    Does the Sprint have more features/specs than the Verizon one? just wondering about the $50 differences
    06-18-10 01:58 AM
    I have no idea, it might be because Verizon sells more of them so they got a better deal, it might be because Sprint allows you to upgrade every year, it could be because their cancellation fee is lower than Verizons. Too many possibilities to figure it completely out without asking although I doubt you will get much better of an answer than what I've listed. That is one reason you really have to pick the phone that is right for you and for the right reasons. Picking a phone just because someone else thinks it is cool, awesome, amazing, etc. doesn't necessarily mean that you will enjoy it quite so much.
    06-18-10 02:08 AM
    I agree with u. The reason I got the bold cus I was missing a physical keyboard. When I got the tour I loved it but I had a lemon. Went to my Moto Droid then my S2. Then I bought another Tour and it was great but gave that to my girlfriend cus lost her BB.
    06-18-10 02:22 AM
    Those were pretty good reasons btw.......
    06-18-10 02:23 AM
    The only question i have right now is how do i transfer all my bought apps onto my new blackberry. Is there a thread about that anywhere in these forums?
    06-18-10 07:23 PM
    If they were bought on mobihand just log in to your account and change your pin. Then it gives you new registration codes and you can re-download the apps.
    06-18-10 07:25 PM
    These were bought on the blackberry app world.
    06-18-10 07:30 PM
    On appworld you just have to login to your account and you should be able to re-download them.
    06-18-10 07:51 PM
    Also even tho I'm switching networks will I be able to keep the same number?
    06-19-10 12:41 AM
    Err, that you should have already discussed with your carrier... Porting the # means you keep the number, but if you didn't port it then that's different...
    06-19-10 12:42 AM
    Well what was a supposed to port it? When I first got the phone? I mean I haven't switched carriers yet so can I still port it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 01:19 AM
    Well when was I supposed to port it? When I first got the phone? I mean I haven't switched carriers yet so can I still port it right?

06-19-10 01:20 AM
    Yeah you can port your number when you switch carriers.
    06-19-10 03:42 AM
    If you are switching to Sprint why not get the HTC Evo 4G? You have to pay for a data plan anyway so why not get a phone with a good browser?
    06-19-10 04:22 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD