Hey everyone. I was swimming today and had my BB under a towel in a chair next to the pool. I got out to use it once, but it worked fine. When i finished swimming i looked at it and it was completely dead. The water stickers are still completely white though. Anyone had this before?
    07-06-10 07:48 PM
    What do you mean by "water stickers"?
    07-06-10 09:12 PM
    1) Take out the battery immediately.
    2) Put the phone in a paper bag with dry rice.
    Leave it in a warm place for a day or so.
    The rice will absorb any moisture.
    3) Replace the battery.
    07-06-10 09:47 PM
    Thanks for the tips. I have done that (though it seems like rice is getting in all the nooks and crannies of my phone!)

and by "water stickers" i meant the indication stickers on the phone and on the battery. They are still white, doesn't that mean that the phone has had NO water damage?
    07-07-10 12:38 AM
    Thanks for the tips. I have done that (though it seems like rice is getting in all the nooks and crannies of my phone!)

and by "water stickers" i meant the indication stickers on the phone and on the battery. They are still white, doesn't that mean that the phone has had NO water damage?
    yes, it does mean that
    07-07-10 02:37 AM
    Hmm... Well im baffled over what could be the problem. Hopefullly it is just a battery problem and not a phone one

Does anyone have a clue how much AT&T will charge to replace it if I bought it off ebay? Hopefully not the price of a brand new one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD