Just got my phone warranty swapped cause the screen had dead pixels. Anyways, the new phone came installed with the newest software, and the phone was lightning fast at booting up, like 1-2 minutes maybe. now after installing a theme, and 3 apps, craigslist, office hot shot and the weather channel, its back to a crawl where it takes 6-7 minutes. Just wondering if thats good/bad, normal.
    06-06-10 10:16 AM
    If you NEED all those apps and the theme, then it's ok... against and average bootup, it's probably not so good... but like I said, if you NEED those apps and that theme, then you should learn to live with it... after all, how often do you really need to reboot your device??? - Maybe once a month at the most, and you can do that while you're in the car on the way to work.
    06-06-10 10:38 AM
    Mine takes forever to boot as well. It froze yesterday and I had to pull the battery and it took 6 minutes and 37 seconds to reboot. I do have a lot of apps, but this seemed excessive. In fact, it seemed to kind of "stall" at about two-thirds of the way across. So do apps make a phone take longer to reboot?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 12:02 PM
    Running encryption and the memory cleaner will increase boot times. If you really want to know, remove your applications and install them one at a time with a boot between. Then contact the app author for support. I have at least a dozen or so applications installed and my boot times are just over 2 minutes.

Also remember some of the earlier loads update thing like weather as the phone boots vs new loads that do it after the boot completes. This will also increase boot times.

06-06-10 12:33 PM
    Why are you rebooting? No need with the 9700 unless you just upgraded your OS.

That being said, just boot it before you take a shower and forget about it. A watched berry takes forever to boot.

06-06-10 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD