I truely look forward to what RIM comes up with for the HTML browser for the 5.0 releases. I say this because i feel the native BB browser leaves alot to be desired. It renders pages wonderful.. but i must say that it takes a LONG time to render.. once it does its perfect... by the time it loads and runs a script.. 30 second-1 minute has passed.. I know about BOLT i have used that on my previous 8330.. I assume that the browser will improve significantly in 5.0..
    07-07-09 09:28 PM
    Everything you have just said is true.
    07-07-09 09:30 PM
    I agree. I have no problem with the rendering since I think it suits my purposes for mobile browsing as I mostly just browse forums while on the go. The speed of the browser leaves much to be desired, it just feels sluggish.

However, I just loaded .282 and I have to say I've noticed a significant difference in rendering speeds as well as an improvement in the time it takes to start loading a page. I can definitely say its an improvement!
    07-07-09 09:50 PM
    lol come on guys there have been around 20 threads on this topic of what RIM needs to do with the OS to keep people from "jumping ship" to other products. Why can't we all just do a search and post in those threads instead of making yet another repeat thread?
    07-07-09 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD