Well for the past couple weeks I have been waiting for my new 9930 to come, (backordered from amazon till about the 12 of Jan). Well long story short was at my local barbershop when I saw a friend of mine using his BB not sure what model but wasnt a Bold and I asked him how he liked it. He then went on and on about how he thought it was junk and expressed many problems it had and that his job had given it to all their employees. Well his personal phone was def not a BB. I must admit that considering my friend is one of the most straight up guys I know his opinion had me rethinking my purchase. Played with one in store before I purchased it and liked it but I realize some problems dont show up till after ownership for a while. At least im only out .01 if I dont like it but still hoping for the best. This will be my second work line so some areas where I think BB was lacking wasnt really a issue for me didnt really want 2 of the same phones. Just wondering if it will give me a lot of problems now. Just put a little damper on my excitement.
    12-09-11 09:56 AM
    Well hopefully you'll be one of the few "lucky" ones with a perfect 9900. Odds are against you though!
    12-09-11 10:03 AM
    I haven't had 1 single problem with my 9900...Hopefully since you have waited this long you get a good batch.
    12-09-11 10:11 AM
    One of the drawbacks of jumping into a new device is that sometimes, glitches will show up that no one expected. It happens. I had a Tour as my second BlackBerry, arguably one of the more problematic BlackBerrys in its first generation. I had a later release that still functions well.

Even Mercedes Benz has put out flawed first models. Usually, though, most of the worst problems have been fixed by the second production run.

You will have to make that decision whether to stay or go for yourself, though. But remember, most of the time, it's the problems that make the most noise.
    12-09-11 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD