HEY! Thx for the info. I personally will have a couple issues due to my signal being low at home. But if can last 8hrs I will take it + spare/back up.

Still say bb has excellent battery life.
    08-09-11 11:33 AM
    Thanks, keep us posted! People, please don't bring the EDoF discussion to this thread. We have other threads for that.
    If he is willing to post some pictures he's taken with his new bold in the other thread that would be better...
    ...You will not see me complain however if he opts to post them right here.
    08-09-11 12:03 PM
    Still say bb has excellent battery life.
    You may not be saying that after the release of this device.

I have had the Curve 8330, Storm2, and Bold 9650, and I've had extended batteries in all of them. I don't know how you all can use the stock batteries. I guess it's all preference, but I love that my phone can last an entire weekend. I just feel the extended batteries allow you more freedom to be on the go. Really, I don't want to think about if I have enough juice -- I want to be confident and know that I can go the distance. To me, that is part of the BlackBerry experience, and it's amplified even more by having an extended battery.

There is no way, for me, that the 1230mah in the new Bold will be enough. Like one poster said, I could give a turtle-turd about thin - give us the good batteries.

Now sure, the 9900 has the fast processor like the Android's have. And now, it's going to have crap battery life as well. They've officially "caught up" to the competition.

I sure hope that Siedio comes out with an extended big battery soon, and that we can mod an otterbox to fit it.

That is my only hope, Obi-Wan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 12:14 PM
    Now sure, the 9900 has the fast processor like the Android's have. And now, it's going to have crap battery life as well. They've officially "caught up" to the competition.
    Haha. That's funny.

The problem is that NFC battery door; either Seidio will have to go without the NFC antenna, or include the antenna and jack up the price. I may opt to buy one of these instead: BlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle for Bold 9900/9930, Torch 9850/9860 - CrackBerry Canada
    peach1965 and mssca like this.
    08-09-11 12:20 PM
    Haha. That's funny.

The problem is that NFC battery door; either Seidio will have to go without the NFC antenna, or include the antenna and jack up the price. I may opt to buy one of these instead: BlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle for Bold 9900/9930, Torch 9850/9860 - CrackBerry Canada
    Good point - I forgot about the NFC in the door.

What I have now is a 9650 with the Seidio extended (2600?) and no battery door. I cut out a square in the Otterbox rubber, so the protruding battery fills the void. The outer case of the Otter is essentially acting as the battery door. That can never work on the 9900/9930 (if you want NFC).

Bummer.

I have a feeling that Bat life is going to be the #1 complaint about this device.

08-09-11 01:57 PM
    I wish the phone was as thick as the 9700/9780 and had like a 1800mah battery. Thinness doesn't excite me.
    Brazen9000 and mssca like this.
    08-09-11 02:34 PM
    I wish the phone was as thick as the 9700/9780 and had like a 1800mah battery. Thinness doesn't excite me.
    It doesn't excite the general consumer though. The good news is, the actual battery for the 9900 is ridiculously thin, making it very easy to stuff a spare in your wallet for emergencies. I'm definitely buying that spare battery pack and charger now. It's about half the thickness of the Torch battery.
    08-09-11 06:56 PM
    OK, so official commercial version is out as you call can see on our fav site CRACKBERRY
    This rogers version has 7.0.0.261, the official vodafone version is 7.0.0.296 (B1465).

anyways i'm all installed and booted up with 7.0.0.296. Started my day at 9am... and 10am, it was showing 87% (1 hour 13% Down) - This is with 3G ON.
    Will continue thru the day and post more..

Meanwhile... Good News for Indian's.....
    We're getting the Blackberry Bold 9900 on the 16th... MRP= Rs.32999/-
    Dealer Price.... Hmmm... Wont tell u that - But u will be able to buy it slightly below MRP for sure.
    NON CONTRACT, NO LOGOS with 18 Months Warranty.
    08-10-11 12:19 AM
    battery life sounds terrible based on comments I'm reading here. And its ridiculous for the average consumer to have to browse the crackberry forums and find out what version of software to use
    08-10-11 01:19 AM
    yes, i agree..sometimes its frustrating..
    but in my honest opinion... this is a supurb phone and the BEST EVER Blackberry...
    The Battery life is great as long as your on EDGE speeds and on 3G it will drain it out fast..
    but i;m sure as the new OS's keep rolling out.. we'll see better battery life..

Also, i just cannot live with EDGE Speeds anymore.. 3G spoils you...(especially when one has a Unlimiyed 3G Blackberry Data plan, like me)
    08-10-11 01:29 AM
    yes, i agree..sometimes its frustrating..
    but in my honest opinion... this is a supurb phone and the BEST EVER Blackberry...
    The Battery life is great as long as your on EDGE speeds and on 3G it will drain it out fast..
    but i;m sure as the new OS's keep rolling out.. we'll see better battery life..

Also, i just cannot live with EDGE Speeds anymore.. 3G spoils you...(especially when one has a Unlimiyed 3G Blackberry Data plan, like me)
    being on EDGE wont be a solution for many people. I hope results for everyone else are much better than yours
    08-10-11 01:32 AM
    DAMN>> 3G is sucking the battery life out...
    3hrs on 3G and the battery is now showing.....64%
    Last edited by hypermaster; 08-10-11 at 01:44 AM.
    08-10-11 01:35 AM
    So what os are we suppose to use and where to download?
    08-10-11 01:37 AM
    curently, i guess we use what comes officially and then subsequent updates will follow soon...
    maybe we can work on some hybrid OS.
    08-10-11 01:42 AM
    someone else is on .263 or something and he's getting WAY better battery life than you. Other people have confirmed this as well. You should be dropping about 25-35% per DAY.

I think your 3g coverage is bad or something and its sucking the battery trying to keep a signal. Shrugs.
    08-10-11 02:29 AM
    Battery life will be erratic for at least the first few days. Once people settle into more of their regular usage patterns, we should see a more accurate gauge of real world battery life.
    08-10-11 03:02 AM
    DAMN>> 3G is sucking the battery life out...
    3hrs on 3G and the battery is now showing.....64%
    But your uptime sais : 16h .....

How many hours without connecting to power ... ?
    08-10-11 06:59 AM
    Has it not always been that battery life immediately after installing a new OS isn't great? That's at least what I've experienced with my BB's so it may be more accurate to leave one os on for a couple of days then carry out a test?
    08-10-11 08:19 AM
    Being an AT&T customer; I have hope that any battery issues will be corrected prior to being available. That being said... I was thinking of buying an Rogers version. Guess I will wait.

This phone looks great and I hope it lives up to expectations.
    08-10-11 08:49 AM
    I was wondering if BBM and/or Whatsapp would still be usable with EDGE? If 3G is that consuming, I'd be OK to only use 3G when I want to browse the web. Can you easily to toggle between EDGE and 3G? This all for the sake of better battery life of course.
    08-10-11 09:17 AM
    Good to know that the potential battery life is excellent. The OS needs a few updates and the 9900 will be humming along fine.
    08-10-11 12:17 PM
    Good to know that the potential battery life is excellent.
    Did you just read the same thread I did?
    08-10-11 12:26 PM
    Did you just read the same thread I did?
    LMFAO!!!!!!! That just made me laugh. I mean the other threads, people seem to state that the battery life is decent, this one in particular kinda says that its terrible so its kinda ironic that the kid chose THIS thread to say "Good to know that the potential battery life is excellent." hahah I'm still laughing now
    08-10-11 12:37 PM
    following the battery life stories. read the first official detailed review and not a single word was written about the battery life.. sounds fishy. I want it at least to last a few days with normal communication usage ( no games, no 720 feature film recordings) Lets hope!
    08-10-11 12:54 PM
    I was wondering if BBM and/or Whatsapp would still be usable with EDGE? If 3G is that consuming, I'd be OK to only use 3G when I want to browse the web. Can you easily to toggle between EDGE and 3G? This all for the sake of better battery life of course.
    Never mind Edge, BBM is just as fast over the 2kb/s GPRS, and to toggle I use the Zona3G app, it puts an extra option in the menu list so you can access it from anywhere you are in the phone.

08-10-11 01:02 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD