Get netflix come on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 08:05 PM
    First - Blackberries can be hacked just as easily as any iOS device as demonstrated in the last hacking convention (or whatever it's called). Moreover, the default username and password information can be changed to ensure greater security should a user decide to Jailbreak a device.

There's nothing wrong with a the iPhone being superior to the Blackberry, which it very well is. What it boils down to is personal preference. If you want an unrivaled keyboard with mind-blowing battery life, Blackerry is your option. If you want a more media oriented device with a fantastic web browsing experience, you're better of with an iDevice.

/rant

False. It took 20 seconds for the iphone to be hacked and 15 minutes for them to "hack" the bb and find out they really couldn't do anything. And its pwn2own I believe. :s

Edit: they were able to get your pictures and your contact list off your BB
    Last edited by eKafara; 07-10-11 at 04:18 AM.
    eBud likes this.
    07-09-11 09:12 PM
    Every single new smart phone on the market is better than 9900 or any RIM product ever will be. Those of you who defend RIM saying you don't need million apps on a phone; think again. What is the POINT of having a "smart phone" on your hand if the phone is NOT smart enough?

The whole idea of a smart phone is a small mobile computer in your hand. I am soooo mad at RIM now because during a camping trip we got lost. I load the google maps for GPS and the phone stuck on slooooow and I had to do a batt pull. Good thing my little brother has an iPhone. F++@ you RIMM.

What's the point of a phone these modern days if I can't use it on an emergency? I will be buy a physical keyboard to my new iPhone5.

07-10-11 11:22 AM
    Every single new smart phone on the market is better than 9900 or any RIM product ever will be. Those of you who defend RIM saying you don't need million apps on a phone; think again. What is the POINT of having a "smart phone" on your hand if the phone is NOT smart enough?

While it is true that BB's would benefit from more apps (not a million as 80-85% are crap in general), saying every new smart phone on the market is better than any RIM product (especially the 9900) is highly incorrect to say the least.

Don't forget that from a core functionality standpoint (phone, email, contacts, calendar), BB's are arguably if not the best out there (i.e. better than any Android or iOS device). From a hardware perspective, even a 9780 is better than a lot of the devices that are being put out. I'm not talking top tier products like an Atrix or something, but there are a lot of garbage Android phones on the market and don't forget, Symbian phones are still considered 'smartphones' and any BB is better than any Symbian phone (at least in my opinion).

If you want a load of apps to play with, sure a BB isn't your best choice right now and maybe it will never will be but it isn't about quantity, it's about quality. And what BB needs is more quality apps. If I could install any app from iOS or Android on a BB, there would probably be 10-20 that I would want, that's it. Far cry from missing a million choices.

And keep in mind, the Google Maps app on a BB is more functional than the iOS counterpart :-) Google Maps for mobile

Don't get me wrong, BB's are far from perfect and I'm wanting to try another platform to see if what frustrates me the most will get resolved (tried Android, but not for me and still need to try Windows), but there is no 'perfect' phone out there, period.
    eBud likes this.
    07-10-11 11:50 AM
    I don't get it. I've heard nothing great about hardware improvements to the iPhone for the next version, just a lot about iOS 5 which will be pushed to older devices as well. I really don't think this year's iteration is going to be a problem. Now NEXT year when the QNX devices come out, RIM better be prepared when Apple rolls out some real improvements...
    07-10-11 03:59 PM
    Unfortunatly RIM will ALWAYS be at least a year behind iphone or HTC or Samsung...they (RIM)screwed up messing with the Playbook for the last 1 1/2yr instead of improving what got them there, their smartphones.

07-10-11 04:20 PM
    For me, until iPhones have REAL push email that is delivered in a non-battery draining way like RIM does (i.e. pushing a notification over the phone network to indicate new message available) then the iPhone will ALWAYS be inferior. Oh and for heavens sake, you can't even swap the battery out. For someone who's moving around all day, doesn't have a chance to recharge and who needs 12+hrs of heavy use, the iPhone is a very expensive brick. And don't get me started on the superiority of BB's for messaging and calendar syncing etc. Those who are saying "RIM is always 1yr behind Apple" are simply not thinking rationally, in that there are many areas in which Apple is way behind RIM and that there is a whole lot more to phones than screen size, processor speed and app availability.

eBud and PengwhinPrincess like this.
    07-10-11 04:59 PM
    Hey Lefty...

The iPhone/Droid will always be ahead of BB for what YOU want; definitely NOT for what I want. It's an inferior device for what I need it to do and always will be. Period. It's an individual choice.
    07-10-11 05:01 PM
    Unfortunatly RIM will ALWAYS be at least a year behind iphone or HTC or Samsung...they (RIM)screwed up messing with the Playbook for the last 1 1/2yr instead of improving what got them there, their smartphones.

Android is always behind another android before it comes out.
    07-10-11 05:09 PM

The whole idea of a smart phone is a small mobile computer in your hand. I am soooo mad at RIM now because during a camping trip we got lost. I load the google maps for GPS and the phone stuck on slooooow and I had to do a batt pull. Good thing my little brother has an iPhone. F++@ you RIMM.

What's the point of a phone these modern days if I can't use it on an emergency? I will be buy a physical keyboard to my new iPhone5.

eBud likes this.
    07-10-11 05:41 PM
    i had the iphone4 and the blackberry as well.. simple minded as most people iphones just don't want to have that learning curve of using a more complex phone with encryption, settings, different sounds for each profile etc etc.

sorry if u took it offensively, but it's true.. i'm not a business user, yes i have a blackberry for my work, but i also have one for my personal device and it does both well..

the reason why iphones are labelled for "children" is because a lot of children have iphones and grandmas and gramdpas... and it's mostly for games..

but u are right.. iphones are suited for the ones who need it for it is!
    Lol @ you bashing iPhone users, while misspelling grandpa...Maybe you should consider switching devices...
    Phil DeLong likes this.
    07-10-11 06:44 PM
    For me, until iPhones have REAL push email that is delivered in a non-battery draining way like RIM does (i.e. pushing a notification over the phone network to indicate new message available) then the iPhone will ALWAYS be inferior.
    IPhones already do have REAL push email and contacts and calendar via Exchange Active Sync. To get similar functionality on a BB you have to pay extra for BES.
    07-10-11 06:56 PM
    its going be a head on battle against iphone 5 for rim.they need to sell sell sell now then wait wait wait.rim does not want to go into unchartered territory.
    07-10-11 07:49 PM
    i had the iphone4 and the blackberry as well.. simple minded as most people iphones just don't want to have that learning curve of using a more complex phone with encryption, settings, different sounds for each profile etc etc.

sorry if u took it offensively, but it's true.. i'm not a business user, yes i have a blackberry for my work, but i also have one for my personal device and it does both well..

the reason why iphones are labelled for "children" is because a lot of children have iphones and grandmas and gramdpas... and it's mostly for games..

but u are right.. iphones are suited for the ones who need it for it is!
    Okay. I'm clearly not going to get through to you so I guess I'll just say you should really choose your words more carefully next time seeing as depending on which slang it is spoken from, "simple minded" is the same as saying someone has a mental impairment.

No sense in making yourself look ignorant.
    07-11-11 08:29 AM
    I couldnt agree more with this post. I had a recent run in with an Iphone 4 that made me feel like I was carrying an archaic nokia or something. My Bold 9780 got completely out gunned by the Iphone in nearly every aspect.

The amount of apps turning up in everyday life that help people for example online banking just dont seem to be turning up on the Blackberrys. All together it seems the race is being lost in Canada and despite the support of the many blackberry followers out there (of which I still consider myself) I'm starting to think it might be time to move camp.
    07-11-11 06:22 PM
    blackberry and iphone are two different phones. If you like BB, you will wait for it. If you like iphone, you will wait for it.
    Exactly... I will get my new blackberry and the updated ipod touch. Best of both worlds.
    07-12-11 05:52 PM
    I still have no reason to go back to Apple. People will bish and moan to the high heavens. **** go to an Apple board and see all the issues there are.

Point is no matter how glorious your phone is, there is still going to be issues (mass produced) and it may or may not hit you, but all everyone seems to care about is bashing RIM and death to us all.

Me, I don't give 2 shakes as I will buy what intrigues me and it still has been BB and will be for the foreseeable future.

07-12-11 07:04 PM
    My Iphone 4 has failed me.. i'm on my second one so far.. Signal strength is horrible and i've resorted to using the speaker phone to make some calls.. I will be switching to a 9700 this week as i have on on my desk calling my Name.. I was a huge iphone fan since the 3g launched in Canada. But i'm over sexy white looks, the awesome mobile browser screen and any ****ty apps i initially thought was cool..

I will over look the ****ty browser on the 9700 and just bring my playbook along.. I haven't picked up my ipad since april when i got my nice new playbook.

This is one apple Iphone Owner that has had enough of a device that is supposed to be the ultimate device but fails at the one task it MUST be able to complete.. Making phone calls or sending email.. I can't get a signal while waiting for an elevator or walking around under ground where my friends and wife blackberry work flawlessly then it can't justify it anymore.

So Long Iphone.. I will miss your flashing looks and tiny wings, the only app i used for more then a week. So long to people Ewwing and ahhhing at your sleek white color.. So long to my horrible experience with ****ty signal strength and "seaching" for network messages.. I'm moving back to a Blackberry this week.. Its been 3 years and i can't resist you anymore.
    07-12-11 11:29 PM
    As a die-hard BB fan I've been harping on the APP issue for more than a little bit....
    ...OS-7 SHOULD HAVE had flash support - I think they blew it here by not taking it to Apple in their soft spot.
    ...Also, does anyone know if OS-7 devices will be able to perform the "old hat" tricks the Droids and I-phones can do.
    ...Like being able to take a picture of your check and depositing in your bank.
    ...Or perhaps speaking the name of a company and google opens up and yer there?
    07-14-11 11:49 PM
    They have more than two thing going for them. Their mail is still unbeaten and they are the only device that has notifications done right!

Blackberry is still more secure and I think this year Apple will prove that with a huge security breach, if they tell us about it. The Great Apple Cloud has a lot of great features but leaves Apple a a great target. I hope not but there are some very ingenious people out there.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 07-15-11 at 06:04 AM.
    07-15-11 05:57 AM
    I'll admit I've had limited experience with BB phones let alone to really type on the keyboard but have any of you bashing the iPhone virtual keyboard really taken the time to use it? The text input along with autocorrect is nearly flawless. No other software keyboard comes even close. You can even touch type pretty effortlessly on the iPad if it's angled correctly.
    Www.damnyouautocorrect.com says you are lying:-)

The autocorrect is fu..... Up on the iphone/ipad it changes the word so fast and its impossible to hit the small x saying no to the exchange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PengwhinPrincess likes this.
    07-15-11 06:10 PM
    The iPhone is a great device. The thing is super fast, has many apps, the keyboard is great, and the user interface is good for us "simple minded" people (master's degree next spring). However the reception issues are the reason I can't have an iPhone, I just stick with my iPod touch. For me blackberry does what I need it to do even though it is outdated. And people bashing iPhones are no beter that the people bashing RIM, my two cents. Off topic damnyouautocorrect.com is pretty funny.
    07-15-11 08:42 PM
    i have had over 8 different blackberries, and have also had an iphone4, with that said i did enjoy the iphone its very easy to use but after 4 or 5 months its gets boring yes it is fast when comparing an iphone 4 to a os5 BB but look at youtube videos the very first playbook speed test i saw was the playbook vs an original ipad obviously the playbook is faster but put it against an ipad 2 and the gap closes. by all means to each his own if you prefer an iphone to a BB thats your choice but i would suggest swapping phones with your wife for a month or 2 to see what day to day life is like with a an iphone and also compair specs of bold 9900 to your current BB then compair them to the iphone 5. there are pros and cons to each device but im all my experience looking at what each phone is packing and since you do business it should be clear that the BB 9900 should be your choice.
    07-15-11 09:15 PM
    They have more than two thing going for them. Their mail is still unbeaten and they are the only device that has notifications done right!

Blackberry is still more secure and I think this year Apple will prove that with a huge security breach, if they tell us about it. The Great Apple Cloud has a lot of great features but leaves Apple a a great target. I hope not but there are some very ingenious people out there.
    I would agree that email on a BB is second to none and the other imporatant strength is Battery....
    ...Frankly the Driod and Apple both suck batteries like a sow.
    ...And the Apple is a joke - by the time you are up for an upgrade.
    ...Your iphone "might" hold a charge for 3 hours.

In a real business application something like that just fails to cut it....
    ...BB needs to get off it's F.C. and get some quality apps.
    ..."Urban Spoon"? It's stuff like that THAT's making a laughing stock out of RIM.

Produce a phone with the ability to go anywhere on the net, video chat.....
    ...And keep the old AWESOME standard stuff BB is known for ( and that means battery life ).
    ...Throw in some APP's that will improve the quality of people's life.
    ...And watch the customers RETURN home in droves.
    07-17-11 09:39 PM
    Seems like Apple spends a lot of time coming out with new devices to replace the super devices they just introduced.

What is so great about a phone that needs to be replaced in one year? Think maybe Apple depends on customers over looking small things like no reception since they all plan on getting the new model at Christmas,,,and Apple knows it?

Isn't bad reception so 1994? Does the iPhone come with Break Dancing Videos?
    07-17-11 10:18 PM
115 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD