I suddenly lost predictive text function. When i tried to reactivate i could not.
    I DO NOT HAVE SHOW TEXT INPUT OPTION when i go to settings>language and input

i am using v5.0.0.680 bundle 1149
    platform 5.1.0.160
    thank you
    emailruty
    05-26-11 01:28 PM
    Has anyone come up with a fix that works for this issue yet please?

If you Google it hundreds of people have the same issue yet nobody seems to have the answer

I upgraded to OS6 to get rid of it then found a browser issue in 6 causes this to break. I rolled back to OS5 yesterday and by the end of the day it had gone again. I've tried all the 'switch language, pull the battery stuff' and it doesn't work.

See the screenshot below....the option is not there!!

Having no predictive text really sucks when you are emailing and txt'ing all day
    08-18-11 04:49 AM
    OS 6: Options > typing and Input > Typing. Set to Predictive, back out, save.
    I forgot the OS 5 one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 03:44 PM
    OS 6: Options > typing and Input > Typing. Set to Predictive, back out, save.
    I forgot the OS 5 one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks but we are talking about a known bug, the option for predictive text vanishes (see screen shot above)
    08-19-11 04:05 PM
    Maybe try restoring the phone, back up before, and try it then? Or a battery pull if you haven't tried that?
    Matt
    08-22-11 11:13 AM
    Maybe try restoring the phone, back up before, and try it then? Or a battery pull if you haven't tried that?
    Matt
    I downgraded from OS6 so had a fresh install of OS5....had predictive text for half a day then it vanished and the options to turn it back on again went with it. Plenty of battery pulls along the way

Maybe I'll try reloading OS5 again over the top of the current load.
    08-22-11 11:23 AM
    Reloaded the OS again using DM and I now have the Predictive Text option again, not sure how long it will stay there for though...
    08-23-11 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD