I am relatively new to the BB world, but I know I have my automatic screen lock/keyboard lock disabled on my new Sprint 9930. I know how to use the lock button on the top of the phone to lock/unlock when I put it in my purse/pocket/etc. BUT, sometimes when I pick up my phone and press the center key or any key, I still get the message that keyboard and screen are locked. It often happens after I sent a text, but I can never repeat it purposely. I have tried "recreating" the scenario ...send a text, wait for the screen and backlight to go dim, then press the middle button. Sometimes it is locked, others it is not.....

I've looked in every setting and can't find a fix, but it's randomness drives me nuts! Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
    04-24-13 06:57 PM
    Firstly, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include your carrier and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

You will see that message if you locked the device with the top key, then press the trackpad or one of the main buttons.
    If you lock with the top key, you must unlock with the top key.

Take a look at the thread in my signature on how to lock / unlock / password-lock a legacy BB device.
    04-24-13 07:13 PM