Hi guys
    I think my Blackberry is jixed.
    I am constantly having a problem with the phone restarting randomly for no apparent reason. Sometimes it'll restart if i press it too tight and sometimes without any reason at all.

Any way to figure out why it would be doing this and what the solution to this problem (other than not pressing it too tight)?

Any suggestions will help!

Thanks in advance
    06-15-09 04:46 AM
    Try a new battery
    06-15-09 05:04 AM
    send it back if its in warranty,if not you could reload the os.The only button that could do this is the red/disconnect call button,,,,,might be kinda stuck which would explain the "hold it tight " problem
    06-15-09 07:25 AM
    If you are under warranty, exchange it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 08:09 AM
    Not under warranty.
    Got mine unlocked. Didnt come with any warranty i guess and I am in India, far away from all warranties

Any way to check what might be triggering the random restarts?
    06-16-09 01:03 AM
    What operating system are you running? What applications do you have installed? The fact that it restarts when you hold it too tightly is a VERY bad thing.

Chris
    06-16-09 01:11 AM
    True
    Tronyz, I am running app ver 4.6.0.266 (451)
    i dont have too many custom apps running. Just the basics. Messenger, browser, Maps, Googletalk, Facebook and games.

The restarts happen randomly for no apparent reason. ELse i could have indicated a step by step of the restart. But i cant cause they are so random.

HELP!
    06-17-09 02:21 AM
    May be a corrupted OS .. not sure though! You may have to wipe the device and re-load the OS to fix the problem. You can use crackmem (link in my signature) to wipe the device. Do enough research before you attempt to wipe it.

Make Sure you make create a backup, including 3rd party applications (link in my signature)..

Good Luck!
    06-17-09 02:26 AM
    It used to happen on the OLDer default os that the device came with as well.
    The sad part is that its not on warranty, or atleast I cant claim it cause I am sitting here in a different part of the world and i got the device as an unlocked thingy!

I dont mind attempting the wipe and install, but no one else has faced such a problem before?
    06-17-09 02:37 AM
    Not under warranty.
    Any way to check what might be triggering the random restarts?
    Bolds used to have a problem with the battery moving inside thus making contact phone to battery unsecured. Take off the back and move the battery inside.If it restarts, it's that. Just put a piece of paper at the bottom between the battery and the phone.
    06-17-09 03:14 AM
    Hey there 701
    I tried what you mentioned and it seems logical and everything, but the phone is not restarting no matter how aggressive i am on the battery.

I am thinking its an internal thing now. Something to do with a buttom jamming up or something.

Anyways, thanks so much you guys for all the support. Apprecaite it. Guess i'll have to live with them random restarts till a pattern begins to emerge!
    06-18-09 03:06 AM
    doesnt RIM have a 1 year manufacture warranty against defects.
    06-18-09 03:13 AM
    Have you tried another battery? I had a similar problem,,went thru several warranty phones but the same battery. Finally got a new battery,,no more problems
    06-18-09 08:28 PM
    I've never experienced the random restart problem until only a few days ago. Since then twice its happened just as I pulled it out of my pocket and took it out of standby mode and for only about half a second I a black menu shows up with 2 options, reboot now and reboot later, and then it shuts off.

Because it happens so quick there's no way I can read the reason the window is giving me as to why my phone has to reboot, and my only guess could be is that the phone was too low on memory? Is this common or does the problem have to do with something else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 10:29 PM
    I'll definitely try a new battery!
    I dont know how to check if i can get warranty on my phone. Do any of you guys have any contacts at RIM for Asia and or India for me to ship this phone back to?
    06-20-09 02:19 AM
    mine does that too. i also have an unlocked bold with os .266, there is nothing on it at all. im not even currently using it.

mine seems to be the "hold too tight" problem as well. if i press the back button hard enough it seems to freeze the phone, then it'll reset like 10 seconds after. my guess would be a faulty midplate / housing. im gonna ty to replace that and the battery i have extra funds.
    07-29-09 01:41 AM
    What is your network set to 3G & 2G. If so id recommend to set it to only 2G and see how this works. I had the same problem and switching network fixed my problem.
    07-29-09 03:17 AM
    My Tour started doing random restarts after I installed BBM5.0. But not sure if that's the true reason.
    07-29-09 04:52 AM
    currently there isn't even a sim card in my blackberry bold and it randomly restarts. i use it sometimes connecting to wifi to browse the web. its just not reliable enough to be using everyday. i guess i have a defective unit.
    07-30-09 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD