I have a blackberry 9930 that just keeps restarting randomly after staying on for a while...... it restarts about 6 times a day. Is it a motherboard issue, os issue or what? I did a wipe, updated the phone, practically everything possible and it still randomly restarts. What could be the problem?
    09-30-13 09:43 AM
    Okay keep calm and try restarting your phone! jk. Does seem weird, maybe try taking it back to your carrier and see what they can do about it?
    09-30-13 10:52 AM
    welcome to the forums!

it could be a bad battery. try plugging it into a wall charger, and see if it reboots.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    09-30-13 11:04 AM
    Try a card between the battery and cover, could be a loose fit.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    09-30-13 11:19 AM
    The 9930 is a great legacy OS phone, hope your able to figure it out so you can use it!
    09-30-13 10:25 PM
    welcome to the forums!

it could be a bad battery. try plugging it into a wall charger, and see if it reboots.
    Yes, common problem from what I gather. After time, batteries can still function, take a charge, etc. -- but they can malfunction, operate sporatically have cells that don't/aren't normal, etc. I had this happening -- same thing -- on my 9650 -- and Verizon said get a new battery. In short, problem solved!

Try a card between the battery and cover, could be a loose fit.
    Good advice. I didn't think a loose fit could do that because the batter is "secure" in the slot -- but what do I know. LOL. Thanks.
    10-01-13 08:18 AM
    Yes, common problem from what I gather. After time, batteries can still function, take a charge, etc. -- but they can malfunction, operate sporatically have cells that don't/aren't normal, etc. I had this happening -- same thing -- on my 9650 -- and Verizon said get a new battery. In short, problem solved!

Good advice. I didn't think a loose fit could do that because the batter is "secure" in the slot -- but what do I know. LOL. Thanks.
    I had to do that with my tour and other bb's were well known for this.
    10-01-13 08:25 AM
    I had to do that with my tour and other bb's were well known for this.
    Never happened to me before with any other BB. Just happened after a couple of years with my 9650. New battery and bang! All fine. Thanks for the heads up.
    10-01-13 08:45 AM