I had this problem with my tour and I upgraded to a bold and still had a problem so I got a new bold and still had the problem, the bold had os 6 and I went back to os 5.0.0.1030 and I'm still have the problem, I've gotten a new battery so that's not the issue, the only thing that was the same throughout the phones were the media card and the apps

Twitter
    Facebook
    Shazam
    Navita translator
    App world
    Blackberry protect
    Capture it
    Color ID

Anybody else have this problem
    09-03-11 01:45 AM
    I know you said your device had OS6 and that you downgraded to OS5, but in the process of doing that, did you perform a security wipe (wipe all your data, contacts, media card etc)?

I know my device (9650 OS6) acted a bit wacky, but it only rebooted itself a couple times, and the only apps I had that were the same as yours was BlackBerry Protect. I personally didn't like the app and got rid of it, but I also did a complete reset of my device too (security wipe & OS install). One of the two resolved all issues I was having, including my ever so slow internet.

So my suggestion would be to perform a complete reset of your device by doing a security wipe and OS install. Then if the device is working properly, start adding your apps back one by one until they're all back or until you discover which one is causing the problem. Across that many devices I find it hard to believe it would be an app and wonder myself if it isn't something on your media card.

I just went through this last week, which everyone has their own method, but this I found to be the easiest. I also suggest doing this at a time where you won't be needing your device as it takes a couple hours total to complete. It's a long, tedious task, but for me it was well worth it in the end.

First, create a backup of your device using the desktop software. This only takes a few minutes.

IF you want to create a backup of your media card too, unplug your device from your PC after the backup has completed and plug it in again. When prompted on your device to access the USB drive, Sync Media, or Charge Only make sure to select USB drive. You should then see a popup on your computer where you will select View Files. Select all these files and either copy or cut them. Make a folder on your desktop and place the files in there to serve as a backup.

Second, unplug your device and go to Menu>Options>Security>Security Wipe. Select all items and type "blackberry" at the bottom to confirm. Remember this will wipe all data from your device and media card, so make sure you have made backups as stated above just in case. This will take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour or better depending on how much data is on your device.

Once you have completed your backups, security wipe, and your device has rebooted, you will want to install the OS again.

If you're using OS5 and want to continue to use OS5, you will downgrade your OS, then once that is complete you will upgrade it back. If you're using OS5 and want to go back to OS6, you should be good with just upgrading.

Lastly, plug your device back in, open the desktop software and click to update it. You will get a prompt if you're using OS5 that there is an update to OS6. If that is the OS you want to use, then proceed with it. If you want to continue to use OS5, you should see a button toward the bottom that says Previous Versions. Click that, select the version prior to the one you have, and downgrade to it. Once that has completed, repeat the upgrade steps again and upgrade back to the OS you want.

Once you have completed all these steps your device should be back to pretty much factory settings and you can start adding your apps back, contacts, etc. Contacts and whatnot I restored using the backup I made in step one, I just used the advanced settings so I could select what data I wanted restored as I did not want the apps installed all at once. Those I went back and added one by one as I was attempting to track down any issues they may have been causing.

If you get all this done and still don't experience the same problem as before, then chances are it was something on your media card (which was wiped during the security wipe).

As I said before, it's a long and tedious task, but I find it easier to do this and get it done right away then to mess with going back and forth for days or even weeks.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
    09-07-11 08:18 AM
    Before you go through all of that above, read the other threads on this problem. Then try deleting your apps and adding them back one at a time.

As for wiping and reloading, I can tell you that the secuirty wipe step won't do much, but it can't hurt. Download the OS you want to install and follow the instrustions in the link in my signature. Use apploader to load it, not Desktop Manager.

I run FB, Twitter, BB Protect and I used to run BB App World 3 beta and none of those caused a random reboot. Your issue could be signal related too, and then wiping and reloading is a moot point.
    09-07-11 09:14 AM
    As I said before, everyone has their own method. I've tried just about every method of installing the OS and/or removing apps and have seen no difference as they all accomplish the same task. I personally prefer the method I outlined simply because I can start with a clean slate. But to each their own.

Whichever method is chosen, I hope you get your issue resolved as I know how frustrating it can be to deal with random reboots.
    09-07-11 09:47 AM
    I find it Faster, easier, and a more reliable Install when using BBSAK an App Loader. but like you said "to each his own"
    09-07-11 09:56 AM
    Second, unplug your device and go to Menu>Options>Security>Security Wipe. Select all items and type "blackberry" at the bottom to confirm..
    Why would this step be performed if you are planning to replace the Operating Sytem? If you suspect the OS is part of the problem, all this does is reset the "Installed OS to Factory Default, and changes nothing about the istallation of it. When in doubt, replace it.... BBSAK and App Loader will completley wipe the device of ALL software and install a clean OS.

BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com
    09-07-11 10:09 AM
    I find it Faster, easier, and a more reliable Install when using BBSAK an App Loader. but like you said "to each his own"
    You do realize apploader wipes the device before it loads the OS, right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 05:36 PM
    As I said before, everyone has their own method. I've tried just about every method of installing the OS and/or removing apps and have seen no difference as they all accomplish the same task. I personally prefer the method I outlined simply because I can start with a clean slate. But to each their own.

Whichever method is chosen, I hope you get your issue resolved as I know how frustrating it can be to deal with random reboots.
    What do you mean by clean slate? Your method doesn't wipe the slate any cleaner than just using apploader. But you're right, to each their own. Since the OP is new, no sense is confusing them with a lot of superfluous steps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 05:41 PM
    thanks everybody, it seems to have gone away after i removed my sim card, but i believe it has something to do with os 6 cause i got a new one from Asurion and as i plugged it into DM it reset
    09-07-11 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD