I have been having random restarts on my bold just for the last week. It started about a week ago happened twice I was running .266 then. After that I upgraded to .282 and just today I had another random restart. I tried opening the battery cover and moving the battery around to see if it was the contacts on the battery but the phone didnt restart. So I guess the reasons are the OS, need to get a new battery, 3rd party apps or the memory card. Is there anything Im missing or some way I can pinpoint what is causing the problem. I guess I can start deleting apps and see if that helps. I do have a lot of apps though.

Apps installed are:

Quicklaunch
    Autostandby
    BerryBuzz
    Repligo Reader
    Conversion to go
    Shazam
    Viigo
    Weather Eye
    BB Appworld
    CB Appworld
    Mobile Checkbook
    Poynt
    Google Maps
    Bolt
    Windows live Messenger
    Palringo
    Facebook
    Flycast
    Nobex
    Trapster
    Ledreset
    Medival Kings Chess 2
    Garmin Mobile (7 day trial)

Also Have 3 Themes installed
    06-28-09 03:30 AM
    well when this all started happening, which of your apps were either opened or recently added? might be an application fault creating it.
    06-28-09 03:34 AM
    well when this all started happening, which of your apps were either opened or recently added? might be an application fault creating it.
    I think the first time it happened a week ago was once I updated to the new quicklaunch 2.0 and today when it happened I was using quicklaunch when it restarted. It may not be the app though I think it might have to do with the left convienence key that quicklaunch is attached to. I have noticed my left convienence key is more pushed in and therefore I have to push harder on it so that maybe the reason now that I think of it.
    06-28-09 03:43 AM
    Hi there,

A buddy of mine had the same problem with his Bold. He completely reset it with the instructions found here on Crackberry and after that he did not have this problem anymore.

Greetings,

Archer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 03:57 AM
    Hi there,

A buddy of mine had the same problem with his Bold. He completely reset it with the instructions found here on Crackberry and after that he did not have this problem anymore.

Greetings,

Archer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    By reset do you mean doing a wipe??
    06-28-09 04:01 AM
    probably, but i wouldnt go that far if you think you have narrowed it down to an application.
    06-28-09 04:04 AM
    ok Im gonna just try deleting and reinstalling quicklaunch for now. If that doesnt work then ill probably try a wipe or reinstalling the OS.
    06-28-09 04:15 AM
    better to start small than go big.
    06-28-09 05:37 AM
    Using 3g ? try using 2g and see if it still restarts
    06-28-09 06:06 AM
    ive never seen any restart issues caused by using 3G, just dropped calls and horrible battery life.
    06-28-09 06:26 AM
    i had the same exact issue for weeks! i did a ton of research, deleted apps, did hard resets and you ill never believe what the problem was. the battery in the bold isn't as tight fitting as it is supposed to be so when i would bump it or pick it up/set it down it would get loose and reset itself. I wedged a piece of folded business card behind the battery up towards the camera (so the metal contacts are tighter at the bottom) and havnt had a single reset since. i was so syked!! let me know if this works for you!
    06-29-09 09:02 PM
    I tried reinstalling the os since I wasnt very happy with .282 so I switched back to .266 and then it restarted again earlier today. So now I have narrowed it down to 3 apps which I have uninstalled and then reinstalled hopefully it solves the problem and I dont have to do a wipe or worse make a warrenty claim aftering owning it for only 2.5 months.
    06-29-09 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD