I want to listen to local radio stations on my Bold 9650. Is there an Ap for an FM/AM tuner?
    03-28-11 10:20 PM
    03-28-11 10:33 PM
    thanks. tuneinradio works great.
    03-28-11 10:58 PM
    thanks. tuneinradio works great.
    You're welcome. TuneInRadio is my favorite radio app for BlackBerry.
    03-28-11 11:05 PM
    TuneInRadio is a very good radio app.
    03-29-11 07:29 AM
    I second and third and fourth TuneIn.

They are #winning!
    03-29-11 10:17 AM
    I'll 5th tuneIn. I've tried them all and IMHO, tuneIn is the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-11 11:06 AM
    do any of them allow listening to overseas channels?
    04-04-11 10:51 PM
    For overseas radio try Yesterberry.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/tv-...uncher-524437/
    04-05-11 07:36 AM
    don't recall now what happened with yesterberry,- it didn't connect to something or other i want; but want to update my post here with info that i have succeeded finally in getting my overseas radio stations to stream on BB, as well as local ones, using mymuze.fm. not an app, a website. Free.
    To use mymuze on BB, sign up to mymuze.fm website, which will store your stations as you set them up. initially, takes some time, once done, it's there for you. To listen, switch to m.mymuze.fm, signin, select stream you want , and listen I access both versions of the site from the BB -- using opera, but can only stream from the mobile site. hope this helps someone else who hasn't yet gotten stations they would like.
    09-18-11 09:03 PM
    I'll 5th tuneIn. I've tried them all and IMHO, tuneIn is the best.

And TuneIn Radio Pro is a great deal at only $0.99.

For overseas radio try Yesterberry.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/tv-...uncher-524437/
    Sadly, Yesterberry is no more. The new owner dropped the ball on this several months ago.

@cherimoya - perhaps you mean www.yourmuze.com which I have bookmarked on my BB, but don't use much because I use TuneIn Radio Pro for my local radio.
    09-19-11 12:56 PM
    oops, i do mean yourmuze.fm
    09-20-11 11:34 PM
    Yes....Yourmuze can stream anything for which you can obtain the URL......
    09-21-11 08:57 AM
    never tried TuneIn but personally I like iheartradio
    09-21-11 09:45 AM
    I have ta roll with tunein as well.. LOVE it
    09-21-11 01:42 PM
    With Tuneinradio you can listen to stations from all over the world
    09-21-11 06:30 PM
    Tune In is fantastic, but be aware..it doesn't like a windows based stream very much.
    TuneInRadio is a very good radio app.
    10-01-11 09:57 AM
    There are several ways to listen to foreign stations. I listen to overseas broadcasts on shortwave but you can hear many of these stations and more on your BB. Here is a comparison of a few things I use.

The free version of TuneIn Radio has many foreign stations. You can search by country, language, station name, etc. You can sometimes choose the bit rate of the feed. You will probably need a 3G or wifi connection for a high bit rate feed, but the audio quality is good. I have heard that the version of TuneIn you pay for has more features but not as many foreign stations. I have only used the free version. TuneIn will use up your data plan if you use it a lot.

Others have mentioned m.yourmuse.fm and this is a great resource. Others have mentioned how to use that site so I won't repeat that info. I have observed that you can have great control of the bit rate of a feed. You can set a lower rate and save your data plan. I use yourmuse over TuneIn when wifi is not available. You can set yourmuse to parametric stereo and you will get a good mix of efficient data use and quality. I usually use 28kbs which is fine for talk and okay but not perfect for music.

Another option is, a radio station might have an audio stream and you can listen to the stream directly. Don't overlook that option. But this is hit or miss. Many streams use flash which does not play in a BlackBerry. A few stations provide compatible streams like mp3. For example, I cannot get the Radio Australia stream directly because it uses something not compatible with BB, but I can listen to Radio Australia on my BB using TuneIn or yourmuse. There is a station in Germany I listen to often directly because it has a good mp3 stream.

In conclusion, if you are an audiophile and you want the best quality audio, and bandwidth is not an issue, TuneIn Radio is a good choice. If you want an efficient audio stream where the quality is fine but not perfect, yourmuse is a good choice. And a direct audio stream might also be a good choice but here you will have to do a lot of searching. Also, a lower bit rate is easier on the battery and processor. I have found I get much better battery life on yourmuse than on a high bit rate stream on TuneIn. And the free version of TuneIn and the site yourmuse are a must if you want to listen to programming in a language other than English (you can get English language stations, too but for example, if you also speak French you can search TuneIn for every French-language station - a great feature!). I have experimented a lot and this is what I have found.

Oh, I was finished but I forgot to mention Nobex and IheartRadio. I think these mostly have US stations. I sometimes use Nobex when I want to hear a specifc US station (for example WSB in Atlanta). I don't remember seeing many foreign stations in Nobex, and I have never used IheartRadio.

10-01-11 12:14 PM
    Pls how can i use fm radio on my blackberry of 9650?
    06-18-13 04:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD