My setup;
    I have a Bold 9700 on T-Mo, purchased at t-mo. Currently running 5.0.0.656. I have it locked in 2g mode because I don't get 3g at work.
    The problem;
    I try to use data services, internet or email, and I get the message that data isn't supported in this area. I go to the home page and sure enough it is in SOS mode. I then turn off the radio, and then turn it back on... Sure enough I have 3 bars EDGE. Never fails to happen and it can always be fixed by restarting the radio.
    I have used every OS to date trying to fix but no luck. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 08:07 AM
    I am getting a bit desperate for a solution, can I swap the .656 radio file out for the file in the new t-mo .586 update? Seems silly to downgrade but I will try anything at this point. Anyone have any thoughts?

05-24-10 06:59 AM
    Are you in a 3g coverage area? You might have a defective phone, sim card or just in a bad area.

I don't think you can swap the radio files...
    05-24-10 08:59 AM
    3g in my area is hit and miss. I can get 3g in most places but I know of a few aereas where EDGE is as good as it gets. I have a new sim card and have switched my phone to manual network only. I am indoors so maybe it is possible to have 3 bars one second and none the next. It just seems so random, I will keep tinkering with it. Keep the ideas coming if something comes to ya.

05-24-10 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD