I have suddenly had my Bold's speaker radically decrease in volume, like to 20 percent of its original volume - ringtones, alerts, listening to music, watching videos.

I have ensured it is set to 100percent volume.

Anyone else had a problem like this? Volume works fine thru headphones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 06:44 AM
    Check your equalizer settings. I have mine set to "Loud" which makes mine louder. Also, when you go beyond max volume, it gives you a message that the volume is unsafe. Make sure your allowing it to reach that volume by selecting okay.
    08-16-09 06:46 AM
    Sorry for double post, if you need further help, BBM me and I'll help as much as I can.
    08-16-09 06:47 AM
    Surely equalizer settings don't affect how loud my ringtone is??

08-16-09 08:17 AM
    a guy at work had this exact problem, his bold was positively silent compared to mine. he took it to the shop, they sent it off for repair and 10 days later it was fixed.

I read a post once about it being a lose connection or dust. Remove the battery cover and press gently on the camera lens whilst playing something out of the speakers, if it gets louder its possible to fix yourself by dismantling the unit... i'll update this post if i find the original post i remember reading...

edit: FFS! why does crackberry always give me grief trying to post links to posts on its own site ?

use this link and stick http:// infront of it.

forums.crackberry.com/f83/bold-speaker-very-low-sound-193691/

in post #12
    Last edited by darkone338; 08-16-09 at 08:27 AM.
    08-16-09 08:17 AM
    Thanks, this sounds like the same problem, will check it out

08-17-09 02:28 AM
    I had the same problem, pressed by the camera and it got louder. I called Orange and got a replacement Bold under insurance.

08-17-09 06:41 AM
    I had the same problem, pressed by the camera and it got louder. I called Orange and got a replacement Bold under insurance.

Same here att replaced mine under warranty. This is a known problem with the earlier devices.

08-17-09 10:17 AM
    How do I access the equalizer?
    08-17-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD