Hi everyone,

My Bold from Vodafone Germany arrived today and am so far very happy with it and have kept the carrier rom of platform 4.6.0.126

One question...does anyone know how to change the keyboard map? As it a german phone it comes with a QWERTZ keyboard and not a QWERTY. So when i touch type "you" it comes out as "zou" and when i type "zebra" it comes out as "yebra"

Is there a way to remap the keyboard to have the z as a y?

Thanks
    09-08-08 11:43 AM
    I also just bought a T-Mo DE Bold this weekend, and I want to remap that crayz kezboard

I am considering upgrading to the .134 OS, which may solve the problem, as, it is not a German OS. But, since .143 is around the corner, and .126 seems OK so far, I may wait. So, other than installing a new OS, I can't see any other way.
    09-09-08 09:52 AM
    I also just bought a T-Mo DE Bold this weekend, and I want to remap that crayz kezboard

I am considering upgrading to the .134 OS, which may solve the problem, as, it is not a German OS. But, since .143 is around the corner, and .126 seems OK so far, I may wait. So, other than installing a new OS, I can't see any other way.
    yes - am also on the .126 and apart from the keyboard am very happy..everything seems to work very well and battery life is amazing. will also wait until a new (non beta) rom becomes available.
    09-09-08 12:33 PM
    Upgrading the OS doesn't change the KB mapping.
    05-30-09 10:04 PM
    OutdoorXplorer is correct. No matter what OS you use or whatever you do to the phone, your keyboard is pretty much always going to be QWERTZ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 10:06 PM
    You could always just edit the autotext for words you use fairly often to swap Z for Y.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD