Someone here mentioned June 26 as a release date for AT&T's Bold. Someone else said July. RIM has officially said summer which means anytime between now and the end of August. Do we have any better guesses or inside info about this? I've got a Sony Ericsson W810i that is on its last legs right now and I'm hoping to upgrade to the Bold as my next phone.

Which brings me to price. Is RIM going to offer this phone at a contract extension price and an outrageously bloated stand-alone price or are we just going to have simple Apple style pricing? My contract can't be renewed till November and as such, I'm not eligible for a discount till then but I need a new phone now. I don't even care about renewing my contract, I adore AT&T, but I don't want to be paying 400 dollars or more for my Bold. Any chance RIM will understand that they can't overprice their phone, especially when it's got only 1 gig of on board memory compared to the iPhone's 8 and 16 gigs? With that left over money, I'd love to get a giant SDHC card.
    06-09-08 11:42 PM
    as far as the release date, this is what you get when you google blod release date>>> RIM announces Blackberry Bold release date, prices leaked � The Addicted Weblog

who knows?? theres alot of speculation as to wether it's june or july...time will tell...welcome to CB

edit: of course, the iphone tops out at 16gig....Bold can have up to 32gig
    Last edited by JasonHDD; 06-09-08 at 11:47 PM.
    06-09-08 11:44 PM
    The prices on the above link will be for resigning or new contracts.
    06-09-08 11:48 PM
    I would be happy with a July launch but very happy with a end of June date, as long as its before the iphone. But RIM needs to make an offical announcement about it nad price. I said before that i am not a fan of the iphone and will wait for the Bold, but RIM really needs to get offical info out to their loyal customers so we are not guessing anymore. I will give apple and Jobs credit, at least when they announced the new iphone, they gave all the info as to price and release date. I wish RIM would of done the same when they offically announced the Bold.
    06-10-08 01:54 PM
    Just so you know... Apple's pricing, not so simple. The 199 and 299 is only with contract extensions or new contracts, you can't even purchase it out of contract.

Read this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f21/iph...ou-read-42006/
    06-10-08 02:28 PM
    Pricing is USUALLY not driven by the manufacturer, the manufacturer sells each phone to the carriers at around $5-600 but then the carrier subsidizes it because they know that people won't pay that much and that they have that persons business for 2 years (hence why you only get a discount with a contract). So maybe in this case RIM doesn't want to hold the carriers to a price and are willing to let this thing sell for $2-250 if the carrier wishes to lose that much per unit.

But I agree on the release date part, they gotta let us know!!!!
    06-10-08 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD