just heard an alert ive never heard before... so i went to see what tone i had set... its Level 1.. what exactly is level 1?
    07-02-09 04:48 PM
    just heard an alert ive never heard before... so i went to see what tone i had set... its Level 1.. what exactly is level 1?
    I think a Level 1 is a high priority message. You can assign this priority, say, to emails from certain people. You would do that by going into your BIS account and setting up a filter for your email account. I only did it once but if I remember correctly, a Level 1 email appears in the color red when received on your device. I think you can also assign Level 1 to certain events on your device but am not sure about that. I'm sure there will be more replies with more info.
    07-02-09 04:55 PM
    thanks for replying. i have no idea though.. no new messages or anything
    07-02-09 05:10 PM
    thanks for replying. i have no idea though.. no new messages or anything
    i always wanted to know what level 1 was also
    07-02-09 06:02 PM
    Level 1 Messaging is used to differentiate between regular emails and normal emails.
    You can set any email from any sender in your contact list be marked as Level 1
    In the profile menu set a different ring tone for Level 1 messages.

Setting up Level 1 messages
    In BB Desktop Manager select Redirector Settings
    Go to the Filters tab and select New
    Enter your filter parameters.
    After your filter is created, go to Profiles on your BB.
    >Edit.
    >Level 1 Messages.

You can set any emails from a domain to be marked as Level 1 by using the wildcard *@mycompany.com.
    07-02-09 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD