I have two email boxes set up on my bold and I don't use the main message list, I go to the icon for each diff mailbox to keep separate, but now for some reason I read a message but there was still a notification showing so I checked my main message list and there was an email from facebook confirming something. It was sent to one of my emails but it didn't show up in that mail list, just the main message list. Now I'm having to go to that box and delete or read it there. Very annoying.

Now visual voice mail msgs are showing in that list too. How do I control this? I went into options for messages and both boxes are checked for both my emails to be in the main msg list. I unchecked them but then I can't see the facebook msgs and I have a notification icon.

Assist please?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 09:01 PM
    EDIT: Okay, nevermind you done that already (unchecking them in the options menu). So if you unchecked those emails, you can't find your Facebook messages? Maybe they are showing up from your Facebook app?
    06-27-10 09:30 PM
    If i remove those check boxes - I get a notification icon but i can't see a message. Then when I add a check, i can see the facebook message and then can delete it and the notification goes away.

Another odd thing, even with the box checked, the facebook message shows up in the main message list/icon, but not in the email box/icon that it is sent to. Explain that one...

I have [email protected] set up and i have an icon for it and I don't check via the main message list/icon - my facebook is set up for that email and when I get a fb message it shows up in the main message list, but not in the [email protected] icon/list. makes NO sense...
    Last edited by jmgilliam; 06-27-10 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Clarify --
    06-27-10 11:37 PM
    That makes perfect sense...

It's because the FB app turns your email notifications into a FB message, you don't get emails from FB when you have the app. So being that the FB message isn't an email it won't show up in your email inbox. It will show up in your message app.

So you have two places to check your FB messages. In your main message folder, or in the FB app. So if you don't want to use the message folder then open the FB app and check the notification there to clear the icon.
    06-28-10 01:19 AM
    That makes perfect sense...

It's because the FB app turns your email notifications into a FB message, you don't get emails from FB when you have the app. So being that the FB message isn't an email it won't show up in your email inbox. It will show up in your message app.

So you have two places to check your FB messages. In your main message folder, or in the FB app. So if you don't want to use the message folder then open the FB app and check the notification there to clear the icon.
    I see... thanks. I've deleted the facebook app, I actually removed it before I read your reply, it is so slow I'd rather use the mobile site.
    Last edited by jmgilliam; 06-28-10 at 02:17 PM.
    06-28-10 12:05 PM
    Actually that is not right, I had already removed the facebook app and just got 5 fb messages in my message app.

Now what?
    06-28-10 02:18 PM
    Well if you deleted the Fb app then now you will get Fb emails. So just uncheck that email address from the Main Message List and you will only receive them in your email folder.

Those instructions I gave you were for if you still had the FB app installed, it's different now that you un-installed FB. Your getting FB emails now instead of FB messages. A battery pull with benefit you too.
    06-28-10 02:27 PM
    Well if you deleted the Fb app then now you will get Fb emails. So just uncheck that email address from the Main Message List and you will only receive them in your email folder.

Those instructions I gave you were for if you still had the FB app installed, it's different now that you un-installed FB. Your getting FB emails now instead of FB messages. A battery pull with benefit you too.
    They showed up in the message app but not the individual email account icon... Is that normal?
    06-28-10 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD