My bold was dropped in water (toilet bowl..dont ask), phone was working fine but now battery life is wasted. I tried a new battery, doesnt make a difference. I'm on AT&T, found a guy selling his bold on ebay, he stepped on it and broke the screen. Was wondering if I bought his used his mainboard what problems would I encounter with AT&T with pin numbers and electronic serial numbers? BTW, his phone is also AT&T.
    05-26-09 03:31 PM
    I dont know about the mainboard, but I do know that you should ask him when he bought the phone because the warranty could end up being shorter than the one you have.
    05-26-09 03:33 PM
    And no telling what else got crushed.
    05-26-09 04:03 PM
    And no telling what else got crushed.
    Chances are the mainboard didn't exactly go untouched
    05-26-09 04:28 PM
    solution: the other phone is distressed merchandise...avoid it.

Call ATT and ask if RIM will repair your original for a fee.
    05-26-09 06:47 PM
    my 8310 mainboard shot craps. i bought a used 8310 off ebay from a guy who dropped it in some soda, when i got it i thoroughly cleaned it and it works fine now. if you knwo what your doing and you think the used phone is decent then go for it.
    05-29-09 03:22 PM
    if you do get his main board, your pin number will be what ever his was, ask him for some more pictures, there is enough give in the battery door that it might have saved the main board from cracking anywhere or damaging any circuits...
    05-29-09 03:47 PM
    Talk to PDA Repair World - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices before you make your move. They can offer advise and may even be chaper. Certainly this is a more reliable route than a crushed unit off ebay.
    05-29-09 03:51 PM
    9 out of 10 times if it was stepped on and the screen broke, then the main board is probably damaged, i've run into a few that the screen was just slightly cracked but the board was damaged. so, it's kinda up to you but as for my opinion and experiance i wouldn't buy it. look for main boards on the web, remember GOOGLE is your friend, just do some research and you'll find what your looking for. if not then call RIM and see what the cost is for them to repair/replace it for you, might be better off doing that in the first place.
    05-29-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD