Hi everybody! A question for any Bold user in Dubai:

Etisalat reps I've talked to say that Blackberrys in the UAE will only run on Edge and not 3G. Is this true? Seeing as the Bold is the first 3G device from RIM and hasn't been officially released here in Dubai yet, I have a feeling etisalat haven't had a chance to figure this one out! Plus what about the unlimited local plan, will it still be unlimited even when running at 3G speed?

One more question please: does anyone know if etisalat has upgraded their servers to support OS4.5/4.6? As far as I can tell features like HTML emails, Free/busy calendar lookup etc. are only supported on the device if the carrier has updated their BIS software. Am I right?

Thanks in advance to everyone!
    09-13-08 09:05 AM
    Hi,

No idea about the 3G part but edge and gprs working perfectly fine

I upgraded my 8820 to 4.5.0.52 and all seems to work fine and I have now HTML emails

Regards
    09-13-08 10:07 AM
    Hi there I have the bold running .147, I have 3g working fine, I am not sure if I am being billed for it on top of my unlimited domestic, I will have to check with my friend at etisalat, everything is working as it should be, HTML though is not coming up correctly I get boxes and broken links, this is on mails from subscriptions mainly, HTML from friends colleagues works fine, I have noticed a massive difference from the shipping firmware to .147
    09-13-08 11:46 AM
    Thanks for the replies Zantee and watteau! That's exactly what I needed: 3G and HTML confirmation!

Now I need to decide between waiting for the official release of the Bold (or Javelin!) in the UAE or getting it from overseas... decision, decisions...
    09-13-08 06:15 PM
    NO !!! There is no 3G for the Bold . It only runs on EDGE etc , confirmed from Etisalat . However , the Storm runs on 3G . To get 3G on your Bold you need to purchase another data plan .
    06-17-09 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD