So my mom just told me she ordered the following two items for me off eBay because she knew I wanted to have a white housing unit.

OEM BLACKBERRY BOLD 9000 WHITE BEZEL HOUSING + BUTTONS - eBay (item 120423882063 end time Jun-20-09 09:21:27 PDT)
    *NEW Blackberry Bold 9000 Back Door Battery Cover WHITE on eBay.ca (item 200343549177 end time 17-Jun-09 07:04:02 EDT)

The only thing I'm worried about is if the battery cover will match the bezel (I'm picky like that). Just wondering, if they don't match can I just spray it with Krylon Fusion Interior and then with Krylon Acrylic Crystal Clear to get a shiny white look?

And I wanted to have black side buttons (mute button, battery latch, volume buttons, ect) and I know the housing unit comes with white buttons so can i spray the buttons black as well?

She got me a black trackball and a keyboard with white buttons (never liked the red numbers that Rogers have). Hopefully it'll come out nice...

Now I wait patiently for the mail man...
    06-11-09 10:30 PM
    Why would you do all that? looks like it will be fine.

But really, many of us buy our mods from Cellular Accessories - Nokia, HTC, 3G, Apple, Alcatel, BlackBerry, NEC, Tools, Dopod/O2, Accessories St, I can't buy stuff from ebay for my phone, some of that stuff isnt even worth buying. I bought a black trackball, and **** never worked. Bought it from CNN.cn, and it worked.

but if it works and looks good, then so be it. Good luck!
    Last edited by fabuloso; 06-11-09 at 10:41 PM.
    06-11-09 10:37 PM
    Why would you do all that? looks like it will be fine.

But really, many of us buy our mods from Cellular Accessories - Nokia, HTC, 3G, Apple, Alcatel, BlackBerry, NEC, Tools, Dopod/O2, Accessories St, I can't buy stuff from ebay for my phone, some of that stuff isnt even worth buying. I bought a black trackball, and **** never worked. Bought it from CNN.cn, and it worked.

but if it works and looks good, then so be it. Good luck!
    Actually, I would have bought it from cnn.cn but they only have the black bezels.

If anything I can switch over to the original bezel and battery door cover...

Thanks for your input though, appreciate it.
    06-11-09 11:01 PM
    If the battery door is white leather I dont see how you will make it shiny.
    As for the buttons painting black will probably be fine if you sand it down first.
    06-11-09 11:31 PM
    If the battery door is white leather I dont see how you will make it shiny.
    As for the buttons painting black will probably be fine if you sand it down first.
    Oh, I'd have to sand the buttons down? Thanks for the heads-up...I didn't think I'd have to sand them. What grit size would you recommend?

Good point about the battery door. As long as the colors match and they aren't too far off from one another I'll be happy.

Thanks again for the tip.
    06-11-09 11:36 PM
    Congrats I have a white bold as well but I don't have the white battery door so I don't know if u want black buttons check cnn or ebay..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 12:05 AM
    Oh, I'd have to sand the buttons down? Thanks for the heads-up...I didn't think I'd have to sand them. What grit size would you recommend?

Good point about the battery door. As long as the colors match and they aren't too far off from one another I'll be happy.

Thanks again for the tip.

I am assuming you would have to sand them down because they will have a shiny paint finish already on them. I tried to paint over a bezel that was already painted and it would just chip right off. I gave up but I am sure that would be the solution.
    06-12-09 12:41 PM
    im actually going to be doing the same thing as far as painting my bezel and battery door cover.

i would think that you would have to dry sand the finish/clear coat off of whatever you want painted, and then go back over it with a really really fine grit sandpaper (i'm talking like 1500+ grit sandpaper.) to smooth out the scratches. then apply a coat of primer or two, wait for it to dry, then apply your paint, then the clear coat.

for dry sanding the bezel/ battery door, i would say start out with at least a 600 to 800 grit sandpaper and progressively work your way up to 2000 grit sandpaper for a really smooth finish.

my color combination is going to be --- unique to say the least. ill post pictures when i finish the project.
    06-12-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD