I got my bold on AT&T and I was going to port one of my lines to AT&T BB 9000, I was just reading another thread that the user is using single BB Bold and a single SIM card and have two lines on the same phone and same SIM.

I am so happy to hear that is possible. I want to make sure this can be done before I call and port both numbers form VZW to AT&T and on a single SIM card and single BB Bold?

Also when I do this do I have to change my plan to a family plan or this is still single plan?
    Last edited by xyzco123; 02-22-09 at 11:42 AM.
    02-22-09 11:28 AM
    Sorry for the bump.
    02-23-09 01:00 AM
    If I understand, you just want to port your Verizon number over as a second line on your AT&T Bold? If you were with Rogers, it might be possible, but bear in mind we are on different carriers.

Speaking for Rogers:

While I do believe a port-in number for second-voice-line service is possible, it is not a seperate CTN or BAN of its own. Effectively, they just activate a service add-on for you on your existing CTN for $0/$10/$20 per month depending on how much you plan to use your second line. As for voicemail and caller ID, if your main line has it, they add it on for free. Your number of minutes is limited to the plan you chose: pay-per-use ($0.20/min), 100 min local/long distance, or 100 min local/long distance w/ unlimited evenings and weekends respectively.

To answer your family plan question: no, you would not need to change to a family plan, your current bill would be charged nothing/$10/$20 depending on your choice of second line plan and that would be it.

If AT&T offers a service similar to this, and I have no idea if they do, you should be able to port in your number as you would if it was a normal activation, but your plan options would be severely limited.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Forgot.About.Ted; 02-23-09 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Fixed my description of $20 plan.
    02-23-09 07:27 AM
    You can't have 2 phone numbers on one sim card.
    02-23-09 08:01 AM
    I got my bold on AT&T and I was going to port one of my lines to AT&T BB 9000, I was just reading another thread that the user is using single BB Bold and a single SIM card and have two lines on the same phone and same SIM.

I am so happy to hear that is possible. I want to make sure this can be done before I call and port both numbers form VZW to AT&T and on a single SIM card and single BB Bold?

Also when I do this do I have to change my plan to a family plan or this is still single plan?
    It is not possible ... Is it???
    02-23-09 08:08 AM
    It may be possible, but it's definitely not supported or legal with at&t. I haven't researched this, but even even that sim of sim existed, not sure if at&t's systems would accept it.
    02-23-09 08:08 AM
    It is possible and supported.

Here's the official Rogers website page detailing the service. I figured it would be better than my mediocre explanation hashed together at 8am.

Rogers Wireless Business Second Voice Line Service
    02-23-09 09:07 AM
    Thank you for your reply everyone. I am on AT&T and want to port two numbers (Business and Personal line) from VZ and just close my VZ account. I read another thread on this forum that this has been done on AT&T and the poster is using the Bold and I THINK on AT&T. Seem like Rogers is supporting this option as it is mentioned above but I was wondering if AT&T is supporting this as well.

I hope this can be answered here on the forum. I will call AT&T and will see what CS have to say about this option.
    02-23-09 09:51 AM
    Even if AT&T supports 2 numbers on one sim card, only one can be active at any time. Even if you use the two physical sim solution (for two number from different carriers) only 1 can be active. The only way to have two active numbers (both for calling and receiving) in the same phone is to get the Samsung D980.
    02-23-09 10:24 AM
    The only way to have two active numbers (both for calling and receiving) in the same phone is to get the Samsung D980.
    This is not accurate; to my knowledge all recent Blackberry devices support multiple lines. At the very least, the Curve 8900 and the Bold both support it.

You can switch on-the-fly the number from which you are calling and you can always receive calls on both lines, regardless which line is set for outgoing calls. Both lines can have different ring profiles, separate voicemail numbers and voicemail passwords.

02-24-09 11:31 AM
    This is not accurate; to my knowledge all recent Blackberry devices support multiple lines. At the very least, the Curve 8900 and the Bold both support it.

You can switch on-the-fly the number from which you are calling and you can always receive calls on both lines, regardless which line is set for outgoing calls. Both lines can have different ring profiles, separate voicemail numbers and voicemail passwords.

Interesting...now, hows one get that done?

Do you buy a 'sim adapter' that splits into two sim card slots?
    02-24-09 11:55 AM
    No, as long as the carrier supports multiple numbers on a single SIM, the Blackberry will support it.

02-24-09 01:04 PM
    When they are so sure of themselves. Please check your facts before answering!
    08-26-11 02:17 PM
    When they are so sure of themselves. Please check your facts before answering!
    Please check the posting dates before you respond to a 2 1/2 year old thread.
    08-26-11 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD